PDA

View Full Version : Hide on your mage?

Duckforceone
02-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Hey mages. Have you ever during your carreer wished you had hide, so you could go afk during a long camp or anything?

and those that made dark elf mages, have you ever had good use of your hide ability?

or what has having hide or the absense of hide meant for you?

this user was banned
02-21-2013, 05:41 PM
just pick whatever race you like to look at more except the erudites because they are black. In the end it doesn't really matter, unless you picked erudite.

Nagash
02-26-2013, 10:24 PM
My mage used to be a dark elf and I rerolled him as a gnome just because I fancied summoning pets 5 times my size.

Sure hide was cool but most of the time I didn't find it that useful. The reason for this is simple: when you hide, your pet goes poof which means that once you unhide you have to resummon one, therefore you need to be in a safe spot. Now, if you are in a safe spot, the benefits of hiding are limited. Add to this that finding a safe spot is usually not very hard and if you need to be on an extended afk, you can also simply log off to give your computer a rest. I have not regretted my choice so far.

As an added bonus, the non Dark Elf and evil erudite mage have a much much easier time banking and having access to merchants.

Bottom line: go gnome or go home.

Autotune
02-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Hide is only really useful to dodge trains as a mage, afaik.