PDA

View Full Version : ppm

Rhambuk
02-25-2013, 04:10 PM
A friend of mine was struggling to get his ot hammer to proc today and it got me thinking, I remember on live people thinking haste wouldnt affect procs because of ppm, but for some reason I remember tank getting slowed to increase proc. This might just be less swings more procs same amount of procs per minute Im just a bit fuzzy.

Anyone recall, and are all items based on ppm?

quido
02-25-2013, 04:13 PM
This merely increases the chances of proccing on that first swing (or first couple swings). The more swings you take, the more it is true that you'd have to wait the same amount of time you would with no change in haste.

Rhambuk
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM
This merely increases the chances of proccing on that first swing (or first couple swings). The more swings you take, the more it is true that you'd have to wait the same amount of time you would with no change in haste.

alright what I thought, i just remember a lot of theories back in the day. warriors dueling shams for slow before aow, what a blast =p

quido
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM
I haven't kept logs or anything, but I've found it helps. I generally remove haste items before trying to hammer.

Duckforceone
02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
basically if you have 4 swings per minute, and 1 proc per minute, just means you have 25% chance to proc per swing...

now if you get slowed 50% so you have 2 swings per minute, just means you have 50% chance to proc per hit...

Duckforceone
02-25-2013, 04:19 PM
so the more hasted you are, the lower chance there is to get procs per swing...

quido
02-25-2013, 04:22 PM
But if I have half the chance with twice as many swings, or double the chance with half as many swings, isn't it exactly the same?!?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Duckforceone
02-25-2013, 04:23 PM
well depends on how you figure it works..

would you bet more on 50% happening more often than 25% the time? :D or vice versa... difficult to get a string of bad luck with 50%, alot easier with 25%...

Frieza_Prexus
02-25-2013, 04:46 PM
In the long run it won't matter too much, but you do technically realize an increase in efficiency on your first hit since it's "instant" when you turn on auto attack if you are slowed.

Dweed
02-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Only really matters for jousting.

Vayder
02-25-2013, 05:53 PM
but for some reason I remember tank getting slowed to increase proc. This might just be less swings more procs same amount of procs per minute Im just a bit fuzzy.

You may just be remembering shakerpaging. With the rampage AA you could get an attack at every mob in range. The warrior/berserker(s) with an Earthshaker would get slowed and then a DA puller would grab most of a zone (i.e. Plane of Fire) group the mobs up and then the warrior/berserker(s) would use rampage. Being slowed guaranteed a proc on each mob and the resulting AE damage would kill all of the mobs and let you rake in the exp.

Duckforceone
02-25-2013, 05:56 PM
oh man, i totally forgot that time.. that was awesome.. :D

Rhambuk
02-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Can't wait for shaker, even though its mostly useless without page