PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

Tronjer
06-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Hello together,

pretty old-school player here, who quit EQ in 2006 and feels quite tempted to create an account on your server, for refreshing old memories and get back into the game. However, before looking out for the Titanium client, I got some questions, if you don't mind.

- Is this genuine old-school EQ with original death penalty (exp-loss, gear drop), hell-levels and book medding, or another eased version? Made a brief trip to EQ live progression server last year, but got immediately turned off due to the fact that they removed mandatory corpse runs.

- Does it work on Win7x64 and widescreen display? Well, guess no widescreen-support, but it's possible to play in a window?

- Is it still easy to find groups in lower zones or does everybody hang out in lGuk, SolB and the planes already?

Ossigor
06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Corpse runs, yes
EXP loss, yes
Medding in book, no

Tons of players at the lower levels- Crushbone, unrest, etc, are all essentially packed.

Widescreen and windowed mode work fine as its the titanium client

Toony
06-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Hello together,

pretty old-school player here, who quit EQ in 2006 and feels quite tempted to create an account on your server, for refreshing old memories and get back into the game. However, before looking out for the Titanium client, I got some questions, if you don't mind.

- Is this genuine old-school EQ with original death penalty (exp-loss, gear drop), hell-levels and book medding, or another eased version? Made a brief trip to EQ live progression server last year, but got immediately turned off due to the fact that they removed mandatory corpse runs.

- Does it work on Win7x64 and widescreen display? Well, guess no widescreen-support, but it's possible to play in a window?

- Is it still easy to find groups in lower zones or does everybody hang out in lGuk, SolB and the planes already?

It's probably as close to the original as we're going to get short of Sony digging up some old code and starting their own classic server. Yes, there are still corpse runs and yes you still lose xp.

It does work on Win7x64 and it supports widescreen, I'm running it on a 3ghz dual-core Athlon with a 24" widescreen display.

Man, its easier to find groups here than it was for me on live. Plenty of noobie action.

Tronjer
06-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Thank you for your replies. Guess, I'm going to dig for the client then.

mgellan
06-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Corpse runs, yes
EXP loss, yes
Medding in book, no

Basically at the end of the day if it's a server thing, it's Classic, if it's a client side thing, it's less than Classic (eg book medding, maps, etc.) Nothing the devs can do about the Client.

Come on in the waters fine )

Regards,
Mg

Tronjer
06-18-2010, 12:41 PM
One more thing.

Is the SoD client also viable or does it cause issues? Would be easier for me to buy the EQ starter pack for 10 bucks on Steam, than downloading a plethora of Titanium files from Rapidshare.

Kainzo
06-18-2010, 12:46 PM
One more thing.

Is the SoD client also viable or does it cause issues? Would be easier for me to buy the EQ starter pack for 10 bucks on Steam, than downloading a plethora of Titanium files from Rapidshare.

The downloaded clients will not work. SoD should be "okay" though I would recommended "finding" your Titanium packaged CD's

Tronjer
06-18-2010, 01:02 PM
edit: nm, will give it a try with SoD and look at Ebay for Titanium if it doesn't work.