Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Multi/Dual/Quad-Core Issues (/forums/showthread.php?t=3609)

Nivar Quartz 04-10-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brambletoe (Post 260426)
Ok, so I had this issue when I first installed eq and got p99 going about 6 months ago. The game would slow WAY down at times then jump back to speed. After trying a bunch of the solutions I finally was able to fix the problem by making the start path for eq

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme"

After doing this and adjusting some display settings in game all was well and I have been playing bug free for the past several months. Now just within the last week im having the game speed issues again. As far as i know nothing has changed on my end. I though maybe kunark content was just more demanding, but it didnt start right with kunark. If anyone has any idea what may be causing this issue to re-surface I would love some help.

Having the exact same issues.... EQ ran fine for 6 months after fixing the path on the icon, then came the v7 patch. I have had to reinstall Titanium 5 times and used Duxas tool each time, all is installed correctly but i still move in super slow motion, Its not even a draggin issue anymore, its a perma slow mode like everyone i see is in slow mode also.

I'm just boggled at thing point, was thinking maybe its my laptop but even that is far fetched as its pretty new Intel chips Nvidia purevideo HD ect.

Brambletoe 04-10-2011 03:05 PM

well at least im not alone. let me know if ya figure it out and ill do the same.

shuklak 04-15-2011 02:33 AM

how do I know if the eqplaynice v1.20 is doing anything?

I still have issues unfortunately.

dual core, amd, winXP

Bhutt 04-18-2011 11:27 PM

I never had problems when I first started on here, but I took a bit of a break for the past 9 or so months and now I can't run this SoB on my laptop very well.

I'm having the "working fine...slow motion for ten seconds...working fine....slow motion for ten seconds" issue. AMD Dual Core with Vista. I've used the affinity, the cmd affinity....none of that works.

Any ideas?

Chrushev 04-19-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhutt (Post 269612)
I never had problems when I first started on here, but I took a bit of a break for the past 9 or so months and now I can't run this SoB on my laptop very well.

I'm having the "working fine...slow motion for ten seconds...working fine....slow motion for ten seconds" issue. AMD Dual Core with Vista. I've used the affinity, the cmd affinity....none of that works.

Any ideas?

are you using high resolution textures for zones? if so, that could be your issue. On my laptop i used them, had same behavior you descibed.. didnt happen all the time.. but when i removed them, issue went away.

omfgtom 04-19-2011 02:36 AM

ive looked through the thread a little and did some googling, does anyone know how to fix the slow running problem? First i was having graphical issues until I started using Win Eq 2 but now I'm just moving at a crawl which wasn't an issue before. any fixes?:(

omfgtom 04-19-2011 03:33 AM

problem was fixed by disabling a processor...

canker 04-19-2011 03:52 AM

had this problem and tried the typical fixes but nothing seemed to work... then one day I was camping something and watching a streaming movie in the background and noticed I would run regular speed when movie was playing/downloading so everytime I sign in to play I first open my bookmarked king's speech divx link and start buffering/playing it and then everything runs smoothly... when movie is done playing just restart it at beginning and keep going as I play

not sure if this is atypical or will work for others but it's easy and works for me; just turn the sound off on the movie and have at it

Bhutt 04-19-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrushev (Post 269726)
are you using high resolution textures for zones? if so, that could be your issue. On my laptop i used them, had same behavior you descibed.. didnt happen all the time.. but when i removed them, issue went away.

No, that was one of the first things I tried....turning down all the particles and the like. Last night I decided to download the AMD Optimizer, which took care of the normal/lag momentum but now I have mobs and PC's "gliding" on me and corpses standing straight up.

Chrushev 04-19-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhutt (Post 270093)
No, that was one of the first things I tried....turning down all the particles and the like. Last night I decided to download the AMD Optimizer, which took care of the normal/lag momentum but now I have mobs and PC's "gliding" on me and corpses standing straight up.

people have told me my installer (see my signature) has solved the gliding/standing up corpses issue for them...