Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What's so bad about going Anon? (/forums/showthread.php?t=3931)

Yoite 05-14-2010 05:50 PM

ya just put your message after afk

example: /afk smoking be back in 5mins

and when someone tells you it comes back to them something like "Soandso is current AWAY FROM KEYBOARD "smoking be back in 5mins"

SpartanEQ 05-14-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoite (Post 60730)
ya just put your message after afk

example: /afk smoking be back in 5mins

and when someone tells you it comes back to them something like "Soandso is current AWAY FROM KEYBOARD "smoking be back in 5mins"

You still see the message though, so you'd still get "bothered" by it. I meant that you wouldn't even see the message if you were /busy.

toddfx 05-14-2010 07:24 PM

Oddly enough I like to keep my alts private, so if I am talking about something that relates to an alt, I sometimes turn on anon for a few minutes (as if anybody cares, or would have any way of knowing :cool: ). That's honestly the only instance I see any reason for myself to go anon.

The only thing that pisses me off about people going anon is when they're selling items and do not list their location in the auction. When that is the case, half the time they're located in some obscure location like Oggok and then act like you're the one at fault for not wanting to travel.

eqdruid76 05-15-2010 10:10 AM

This is just another example of people bitching about something that contributed to them quitting live. Problem is that it's always been part of the game. Like it or not, /anon is in, and no 38 year-old tubbo with psoriasis is going to tell me what keys I can or can't push in a free emulator. Elbow and send.

Shawk 05-15-2010 02:50 PM

Anon = Necro

Nedala 05-15-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawk (Post 60955)
Anon = Necro

that makes completely sense!

zahlia 05-17-2010 09:22 PM

NiNiK is almost always /role. Oddly, it's not because I roleplay that character, though I do! It's because if Brutillus can see what zone she's in, he will show up and eat her. :(

--zahlia, inky enc
--NiNiK, gnomish cleric of mischief (and cookies)