Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Green Era Checklist (/forums/showthread.php?t=334656)

Snagglepuss 10-03-2019 08:18 PM

Is there any evidence that there was an exp penalty for two or more of the same class in a group?

Rimson 10-04-2019 01:51 AM

DoTs should do full damage to snared mobs at launch regardless of movement.

Both of these were on P1999 in the past and then properly nerfed so I hope we can count on the same in Green.

Lojik 10-04-2019 01:06 PM

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this, I've already mentioned this in some threads. Maybe some other people can piggyback? But some low level spawns are rarer than they should be, some possibly too high. This is all from memory but I suspect finding hard evidence for these kinds of things would be pretty difficult.

1) Everfrost- Lack of roaming level 1 mobs, particularly gnoll pups and goblin whelps.

2) North Qeynos- seems to not be very many rats in the newbie yard, maybe just 1 spawn at the moment?

3) Tox forest- Way too many infected rats. Is this mob even supposed to be in this zone? The quest is on Faydwer, and I saw one or two mentions of it in "tox forest" on zam but I'm wondering if they meant paineel? It wasn't listed as found in tox forest on the zam database whatever that means. I think this is also resulting in fewer kobolds/skeletons/skunks/spiders

4) Innothule- Seems to be fewer than normal of a lot of things? Maybe others can chime in here

If you notice something off about other newbie zones please add, or if you dispute anything I've posted. I just feel like the newbie zones have been glossed over in terms of bug reporting (except for one or two people.) Freeport really looks good I think.

Verityn 10-04-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lojik (Post 2976298)
North Qeynos- seems to not be very many rats in the newbie yard, maybe just 1 spawn at the moment?

I can attest to this. On live there were often more rats than anything else and there were no skeletons during the day. Even in the aqueducts I don't think I've seen a level 1 mob there nor any rats except level 3 plague rats. I can't complain much about having more skeletons since they drop better loot, but it does make it hard to do the rat related newbie quests.

Palemoon 10-04-2019 09:29 PM

Have we discussed the far clip plane yet? I remember the day in classic they greatly increased it. Before then there was no looking way off across half the zone. I remember them using lake rathtear as a example of a good zone to go to and experience their new improved far clip plane.

Seems on green it should be drastically cut back from what it is now.

cd288 10-05-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palemoon (Post 2976595)
Have we discussed the far clip plane yet? I remember the day in classic they greatly increased it. Before then there was no looking way off across half the zone. I remember them using lake rathtear as a example of a good zone to go to and experience their new improved far clip plane.

Seems on green it should be drastically cut back from what it is now.

Why? Seems to me like that was a limitation due to technology at the time that they were able to improve on. Why restrict it so that people can’t view and appreciate all the cool sights in Norrath just because?

Are you going to play on a 20 year old computer with a 56k modem?

AbstractVision 10-05-2019 10:40 AM

It is true there was a patch which increased the view distance. That is one of the only classic things I don't want to see. I actually wish they would allow us to view the entire zone now.

Graventhel 10-06-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snagglepuss (Post 2975785)
Is there any evidence that there was an exp penalty for two or more of the same class in a group?

It's already been discussed ad nauseam how group exp works with both racial and hybrid class penalties. What would possibly lead you to believe there is a specific penalty for multiples of the same class?

Jimjam 10-06-2019 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 2976774)
Why? Seems to me like that was a limitation due to technology at the time that they were able to improve on. Why restrict it so that people can’t view and appreciate all the cool sights in Norrath just because?

Are you going to play on a 20 year old computer with a 56k modem?

Low clip plane makes the game more difficult, so is more than just a cosmetic issue.

DMN 10-06-2019 03:28 AM

Verant claimed they did their best to try to minimize the advantage people with better computers would hold over those without. it was actually primary concern, only after server/client stability and minimizing bandwidth usage.