Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   not a single player has told me to plan on raiding (/forums/showthread.php?t=108771)

Lyra 05-20-2013 09:35 PM

Well I quoted some stuff in the Raid Changes "poll" thread I just bumped. It didn't happen on Rodcet Nife. Rodcet Nife was one of the original servers, and up until much later the only one I played on.

Are you talking about pre-velious? December 5, 2000

India 05-20-2013 10:48 PM

When did you play on RN? I played from early 2000 thru probably 2005 and there were no rotations,, at all.

danceparty 05-20-2013 11:01 PM

OP, there is plenty of casual raiding to be done...there are several great guilds who are equipping members with planar and epics and having a blast doing it. you can be part of this pretty easily just by getting to raid level.

yes there is ferocious competition among the players making up the uber guilds for the high end content (kunark dragons, vs, gods etc) ..but they earn it by being on-line seeking it 24/7.

that shouldn't discourage anyone from leveling their toon and joining a guild that is clearing planes.

Lyra 05-20-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by India (Post 964339)
When did you play on RN? I played from early 2000 thru probably 2005 and there were no rotations,, at all.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?p=753155

Quote:

Originally Posted by baramur (Post 753155)
For the guy posting about the top guild on rodcet getting 90 percent of mobs before velious you are most defiantly wrong. Eastern keep got some, aod alliance got some, ancient souls some, tul Achron some, arirang some, dragon force some. You had 4 or 5 guilds constantly competing, yes trak was limited to ek, aod, and toward end ascent. Then when velious came ascent and aod alliance rotated ntov and sleeper, and later dol amroth and ek were added to rotation. It was not a forced rotation but the high end guilds worked together to not waste each others time. Rodcet characters were nimamok and later honch

That happened.

Honch was there too. And while I LOVE your teasing about him being a kid, I don't think he was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by India (Post 753223)

[October 1999] Brotherhood of Steel formed mostly by BatMUD players with Glayde as the leader. Most Ascent officers will be members at one point or another (Delheru, Honch, Reia, Vesi)

Honch, Xanatax, Morbos etc form Exiled Legion (EL) to do planes outside the domination of AoD/AL

I was a girlfriend during this time fighting EQ for the attention of my boyfriend. I played. A lot. I actually played EQ longer than the relationship lasted. 1999 - 2005 (day the server merged)

India 05-20-2013 11:19 PM

If you want me to read my own post, I know what was posted. Otherwise I am not sure what you're trying to show me with that link...not being difficult, I really don't know what you want me to read :)

And to be straight to the point (about rotations)

[?] AoD/AL/EL and AD/DK negotiate a rotation, but the terms favor the more hardcore AoD/AL/EL and soon the rotation turns in to their domination

Rotations were negotiated once, and didn't last long enough to even be a blip on the history that is RN

arsenalpow 05-20-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quido (Post 964047)
does decorum include deliberately training people because you don't like their style, chest?

Ya everyone knows me, premiere trainer of p99, typical BDA scum etc etc

Back to the point of the conversation, yes the leaders of each guild could talk about a rotation, but the one guild that will not agree to anything is Zeelot of TMO. The TMO leadership has established it's position and refuses to come off it.

Every. Single. Other. Guild. On. The. Server. Would be in for a rotation, TMO single handedly refuses thus spiraling the raid scene into its current cesspool. Don't blame the devs, don't blame the GMs, don't blame other guilds for not "working hard enough"* Blame Zeelot and TMO. This isn't rhetoric, this is publically stated fact by Zeelot himself.

*working harder refers to the TMO way of raiding on p99, zerg invite over all time zones, batphone all targets to pull 30+ at any time from massive roster, train/FTE snipe/lawyer/grief and do whatever it takes to get all targets, park alts fully buffed at every target, plant spies in competing guilds, stalk opposing guild members irl, foster illicit relationships with GMs, etc etc

quido 05-20-2013 11:23 PM

I was serious, Chest. You're a hypocrite and a crybaby.

Auvdar 05-20-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by India (Post 964361)
If you want me to read my own post, I know what was posted. Otherwise I am not sure what you're trying to show me with that link...not being difficult, I really don't know what you want me to read :)

And to be straight to the point (about rotations)

[?] AoD/AL/EL and AD/DK negotiate a rotation, but the terms favor the more hardcore AoD/AL/EL and soon the rotation turns in to their domination

Rotations were negotiated once, and didn't last long enough to even be a blip on the history that is RN

Haven't read much of this thread since page such, but I can attest that RN (started on that server way back in 99 when vanilla came out) there was never much of any rotation... ever. The only time I even heard of rotations happenening was when RN and I wanna say Atonious Bayle merged? Or maybe that server opened and they allowed xfers I don't remember anymore.

Hell the only end game guild I kinda remember on RN was Avatars of Discord(or something like that), but I have no idea on how far they were. Never really started any hard raiding until I merged to a diff. server. But I can say I never remember any kind of rotation ever being talked about anywhere. I played with Drunken Fishermen, so you know were I was on that server :P

arsenalpow 05-20-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quido (Post 964365)
I was serious, Chest. You're a hypocrite and a crybaby.

I'd love to hear an explanation for that theory Jeremy. Everything that I've said is a fact and matter of public record on these forums.

You do have a very large zerg roster to pull numbers at any time of the day while parking multiple alts fully buffed at every major raid target

Your guild has been suspended more than any other guild in the history of the server for a pile of misc offenses (training, griefing, etc)

Tiggles did have an improper relationship with Amelinda, whether it yielded any advantage for TMO is questionable

Zeelot has gone on record stating that he will not agree to a rotation

Do you have any verifiable points you'd like to make or would you rather continue lobbing accusations and opinions?

Lyra 05-20-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by India (Post 964361)
I really don't know what you want me to read :)

I was trying to point out that Honch was an active raider, and he and I share the same memories. Of course now Auvdar, of the Drunken Fisherman (which I do remember) doesn't remember a rotation.