Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The most skilled player you've ever played with? (/forums/showthread.php?t=390496)

Tunabros 09-07-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottBerta (Post 3358641)
No guild ran blue like TMO. They were ruthless.

TMO was just straight up cringe. Not being respectable neckbeardism like rampage

but just straight up disgusting

matticas 09-08-2021 01:28 AM

Necrious is worth a mention as well.

tranceminus 09-08-2021 02:33 AM

I don't remember the guy's name, but ~2 years back there was a 59 or 60 enchanter duoing with a 59 cleric in Howling Stones, who let me tag along on my necro as they cleared West over and over.

This enchanter was a machine. He was pulling the entire wing in 2-3 giant pulls, and it was just nonstop butt-clenching carnage, with 10 or more mobs constantly aggroed on us at any one time for a couple hours straight with zero downtime.

I've gotten a necro to 60 and an enchanter to 60 and seen a decent amount of people doing their thing solo, in duos, and in groups, but I've never seen anyone else that impressed me so much with what they were able to pull off.

Jimjam 09-08-2021 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranceminus (Post 3358729)
I don't remember the guy's name, but ~2 years back there was a 59 or 60 enchanter duoing with a 59 cleric in Howling Stones, who let me tag along on my necro as they cleared West over and over.

This enchanter was a machine. He was pulling the entire wing in 2-3 giant pulls, and it was just nonstop butt-clenching carnage, with 10 or more mobs constantly aggroed on us at any one time for a couple hours straight with zero downtime.

I've gotten a necro to 60 and an enchanter to 60 and seen a decent amount of people doing their thing solo, in duos, and in groups, but I've never seen anyone else that impressed me so much with what they were able to pull off.

Some incredible players to be found in HS. Seen Brood Mother / Lower Dogs in Velks often showcases some good talent too.

Snagglepuss 09-09-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanderklocke (Post 3356154)
You know Raev is the same person as Loraen, who was mentioned a few posts earlier, right?

I actually always think of him as an enchanter first, but it was really interesting to watch him start playing monk after playing enchanter for so many years.

Of the A-Team crew, I actually thought Save and Mauricewhite (Pasi) were the best enchanters. Mauricewhite seemed to have some of the most overall knowledge of EQ compared to anyone else I interacted with.

Looking at recent player things I've seen in videos, Liia has done some really impressive solo stuff across multiple classes.

Not that I know them well, but reading stuff about PVP/training in VP on Blue, Necrious and Sentenza were the names I always heard thrown out the most.

In terms of nicest prominent players in the raid scene, I always thought Hokushin, Franswa, Eabon, and Zagum were pretty great. I'd always want to play under leadership I knew had integrity or were genuinely nice people.

In terms of knowledge of helping this project develop (if that's a worthwhile category), Ele and Daldaen did an absurd number of mechnanics/bug reporting in the earlier phases of this project.

I agree with most of this list, although a bit old school (I don't know many newer top players though). Definitely Save and Liia are my top. Mauricewhite (pasi) is an encyclopedia of Velious mechanics and an incredible player too.

Solist 09-09-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottBerta (Post 3358641)
No guild ran blue like TMO. They were ruthless.

Bro, they had no competition and got dominated.

IB had 40 complete VP keys before TMO was reliably breaking fear. Peoples memory is weird.

surron 09-13-2021 05:13 PM

Me

p.s. idk if that video on first page is a joke but anyone keyboard turning is the farthest away from skilled possible

Gustoo 09-13-2021 07:06 PM

I think best player is beastagor / salem from red

A few other guys on red that I payed with that were great at pushing buttons in correct order, Loudog comes to mind because he was the last guy I grouped with. He knows how to push buttons.

I think it depends on what skillset you're looking for. Some people are better encyclopedia of raid scenarios than others.

ScottBerta 09-13-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solist (Post 3359841)
Bro, they had no competition and got dominated.

IB had 40 complete VP keys before TMO was reliably breaking fear. Peoples memory is weird.

TMO ran the server for a few years, your talking pre 2012. I wasn’t around so didn’t see what your referencing. Of course they weren’t top dog while they were forming. But anyone who was on server 2012+ saw what TMO did.

Ripqozko 09-13-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottBerta (Post 3361714)
TMO ran the server for a few years, your talking pre 2012. I wasn’t around so didn’t see what your referencing. Of course they weren’t top dog while they were forming. But anyone who was on server 2012+ saw what TMO did.

yea i saw them get their ass kicked in velious, hope that helped.