Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Client just shuts down (/forums/showthread.php?t=5451)

Rasah 04-22-2011 11:27 AM

I created a necro yesterday, zoned 2 times from West Cabiliis to East Cabilis to Field of Bone. I was killing skeletons, and when I went to loot one, I crashed to desktop. So the zoning thing is probably just a coincidence.

falkun 04-24-2011 10:22 AM

This is really a really annoying problem for me. I am doing a lot of killing in TD and OOT, and its difficult to coordinate a "zone before start exping". Just this morning I logged in to OOT, got a seafury down to about 55% and then crashed to desktop. My linkdead bardic self has less than half the skill I do, so now I get to CR on Seafury Island from the Outpost in OT. Should be a fun morning.

Seeatee 04-29-2011 01:33 PM

I never used to have a problem with my client randomly closing, it would happen maybe once every 2 months or so, but the last few days I have gone to Ocean of Tears and have been killing seafury's since coming here I seem to client crash 4 or 5 times a day - ALWAYS with a mob engaged, usually shortly after pulling it.

it seems to somehow be directly related to t his zone / these mobs, anyone else having an unusually high instance of client crashing while in OOT killing SF's?

Francois 05-05-2011 02:56 PM

Fixed

So I've been having this problem since I started on P99.

List of things that did not work
  • Turning down FPS
  • Running Wineq2
  • Zoning before I kite
  • Logging in a different character before the one I want to play
  • Turning down graphics
  • Updating video card drivers
  • Updating Directx
  • Reinstalling Everquest
  • Changing UI

What did work
A large amount of people that I talked to used the same video card which was a Nvidia GeForce 8800gt. So all that i did was switch to a Radeon 6870 and I haven't crashed since.

I hope this helps. I know it's not a free solution, but it's something.

pargalı 05-06-2011 08:33 AM

super job. success in studies. Thank you for sharing.

Alarti0001 05-06-2011 07:27 PM

I run with an ATI and i client crashed 3 times in 1 hour 2 days ago

Alarti0001 05-06-2011 08:34 PM

Just crashed again in SF doin an aoe group as well as 1-2 others in my group.... we have all graphics settings turned off, particles clip plane etc...
obv not a graphics prob.... Also had FPS at 45... this started in the past week if that helps.

Pescador 05-06-2011 10:23 PM

I run a first generation 8800gts and a first generation desktop c2d and I get this all the time, seems completely random, though sometimes I get a string of disconnects that makes me want to ragequit. I posted a few months ago and it's basically unresolved still - the only thing that seems consistent is that it is more likely to occur when there are a lot of mobs being kited / nuked. I know when swarm kiting or aoe grouping I crash much more frequently than when I am doing other stuff. Same error messages that everyone else is getting...

kanras 05-07-2011 05:22 PM

Potentially fixed, pending update.

Edit: This only applies to crashes that would spit out "ERROR: String not found (#)" in the log just before the shutdown.

Alarti0001 05-07-2011 06:31 PM

<3