Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   @Galach/Menden (/forums/showthread.php?t=399502)

Arvan 02-27-2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 3428678)
absolutely, ill delete mine if yall delete all of your loot. still have vulak.

I have zero welfare loot. How much do you have?

Skarne 02-28-2022 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvan (Post 3428802)

Sorry you don’t got welfare loot hope this helps

Ripqozko 02-28-2022 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvan (Post 3428802)

Everything you have is after sleeper woke, sorry you got welfare. Ebt it up

Arvan 02-28-2022 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 3428809)
Everything you have is after sleeper woke, sorry you got welfare. Ebt it up

You killed warders with no other guild in sleepers contesting. You post daily about your welfare loot. Hahahahaha

Arvan 02-28-2022 12:55 AM

Sorry you dont have competitive pixels

Ripqozko 02-28-2022 12:59 AM

double posting cause you mad/bad/ebt

Croco 02-28-2022 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisley (Post 3428612)
Competition was always a big part of classic EQ and p99.

The "competition" on p99 is 100% a contrivance of p99. The VAST majority of live servers did not have guild vs guild competition in the raid scene. I played on 3 different servers on live and had friends across half a dozen others that I regularly kept up with.

Most servers had a single top guild gobbling up most content and occasionally a lesser tier guild killing random stuff they could find up and that was it. Hell a lot of servers had GM mandated rotations. It was incredibly rare to find a server with more than a single guild killing the cutting edge expansions raid mobs. Then eventually EQ put in instances for most raiding and that was that.

EQ was more popular and had more subs in a time when raids were instanced than they did during the era when they weren't. WoW was leaps and bounds more popular than EQ ever dreamed of being and was largely responsible for the downfall in popularity and exodus of a lot of the EQ player base and they had instanced raiding basically from day 1.

Hyper competitive pvevp was not a thing in era.

supercalif 02-28-2022 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croco (Post 3428857)
The "competition" on p99 is 100% a contrivance of p99. The VAST majority of live servers did not have guild vs guild competition in the raid scene. I played on 3 different servers on live and had friends across half a dozen others that I regularly kept up with.

Most servers had a single top guild gobbling up most content and occasionally a lesser tier guild killing random stuff they could find up and that was it. Hell a lot of servers had GM mandated rotations. It was incredibly rare to find a server with more than a single guild killing the cutting edge expansions raid mobs. Then eventually EQ put in instances for most raiding and that was that.

EQ was more popular and had more subs in a time when raids were instanced than they did during the era when they weren't. WoW was leaps and bounds more popular than EQ ever dreamed of being and was largely responsible for the downfall in popularity and exodus of a lot of the EQ player base and they had instanced raiding basically from day 1.

If we really want to be classic, p99 servers should only be available 5-8pm Monday to Friday and 6am-10pm on Saturday/Sunday to simulate after school hours. Then on random days it should extend to 1am but also randomly close early to simulate staying up late but being caught by mom.

Arvan 02-28-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 3428817)
double posting cause you mad/bad/ebt

Sorry you still have welfare loot

cd288 02-28-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croco (Post 3428857)

Well yes and no. Many servers actually did have about two top guilds battling with each other. Many servers did not, but it certainly wasn't the vast majority. As CSR in era on multiple servers, there were definitely many servers that had more than one top guild.

The big difference with P99 is that it never progresses past expansion number 2. So the top couple of guilds never move on to the newest expansion raid content, thus never allowing the smaller guilds to have their shot at anything.