Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   nParse - Yet another parser. (/forums/showthread.php?t=289949)

VII 07-18-2020 02:58 PM

does anyone have a map pack for project1999 use they could zip up and host a link to? I've been using brewall's map packs, but they are all for live, everything in most zones are listed incorrectly

Tann 07-18-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VII (Post 3156874)
does anyone have a map pack for project1999 use they could zip up and host a link to? I've been using brewall's map packs, but they are all for live, everything in most zones are listed incorrectly

Such as this?

http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/#gsc.tab=0

Zip or PDF file (way at the bottom of the page) of all the zone maps, different styles of each not just the p99 wiki ones

VII 07-18-2020 05:25 PM

no, it's the files you'd find in Everquest/maps folders - a bunch of text files that map out each zone. i was wondering if someone has a pack that has appropriate labels for mobs/ locations in zones because brewalls has EQ Live's info, nothing correct

Smeeter 08-04-2020 05:28 PM

Can nParse be used on linux? When I first ran it in terminal with python3 the map and spell window poped up and a json config file was created. I put the path to my log file in the json config file and re ran nparse.py but nothing happens. I dont get any map or spell window like I did when I first ran it. I dont get any errors in terminal and a process pops up in system monitor.

I also tried WINE on the exe but I get a lot of errors.

I have been looking for something to track spell timers for linux!

Doujou 08-15-2020 01:48 PM

Excited and anxiously awaiting the update!

Just to check, is the new version going to have some type of auto-check for the map to make sure it's the correct map for the current zone your in? I'd say about half the time I log on a character it has the map from the last character, thus making the map program half-useless. Even if it had some type of "Reload" button on the map window, or if it parsed some command in game to reload, that'd be great.

...Or is there a way to go around this now with a certain command? I've tried typing "You have entered The Wakening Lands." for example to see if nParse would catch that and load the right map but no dice.

pivo 08-15-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doujou (Post 3170389)
Just to check, is the new version going to have some type of auto-check for the map to make sure it's the correct map for the current zone your in?

I'm using one of the "developer" versions, not latest stable. Sometimes, when I start the game, map is different. All I need to do it right click on map and choose proper one from drop down list. After that, all maps are correct no matter if i zone somewhere else or I switch to different character.

Can't recall now if this is already implemented in stable release, check it out.

Castamere 08-18-2020 12:47 PM

Would there be a way to overlay a circle on your location on the map that represents tracking distance? Would be cool if this circle grew as your tracking skill did. Suppose a defaulted max skill would be sick too though. It could be set to a short duration so it's not always in view. On that note an arrow graphic would also be a cool way to represent the 8 different directional readouts when actively tracking a target.

Doujou 08-18-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pivo (Post 3170396)
I'm using one of the "developer" versions, not latest stable. Sometimes, when I start the game, map is different. All I need to do it right click on map and choose proper one from drop down list. After that, all maps are correct no matter if i zone somewhere else or I switch to different character.

Can't recall now if this is already implemented in stable release, check it out.

This was Exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much! Works on the stable version as well, didn't know right-click did anything (doesn't seem to do anything on the spell-timer window).

jamesaberson 09-10-2020 08:23 PM

Mac support?

Got this working on Mac, except that I can't set the EQ log directory. I can't right click the system bar since it just shows the regular Mac Options. Is there any way to set the log file location or open settings separately?

Thanks!

Nirgon 09-10-2020 11:00 PM

not classic