Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Was Having Two Servers More Fun Than One? (/forums/showthread.php?t=349727)

TripSin 02-09-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverfalcon (Post 3082736)
Also define fine and stable in relation to 1999 EQ server populations?

Why do you need it defined for you? It should be self evident. But fine, let me spoon feed you and maybe you can wrap your mind around it with a few more words: The ~700 maximum concurrent players that p99 servers saw before the merger was much fewer than what live servers in 1999 saw. And it's stable because it's stable. There hasn't been a significant exodus of players since the merger and the concurrent peak player counts have remained about the same since the merger.

cd288 02-09-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripSin (Post 3082747)
Why do you need it defined for you? It should be self evident. But fine, let me spoon feed you and maybe you can wrap your mind around it with a few more words: The ~700 maximum concurrent players that p99 servers saw before the merger was much fewer than what live servers in 1999 saw. And it's stable because it's stable. There hasn't been a significant exodus of players since the merger and the concurrent peak player counts have remained about the same since the merger.

Yeah what I've noticed is the anti-merge crowd seems to parrot this saying that we've been losing hundreds and hundred of players due to the merge, when the pop has been stable since it happened