Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Good Bye P99 (/forums/showthread.php?t=374401)

Tunabros 12-19-2020 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adichi (Post 3231091)
if i camped over 70 hours on a list that turned out to be a mistake i'd feel like quitting too, don't blame you at all...

i'm sad to see you go man, you're an awesome dude and didn't deserve to get screwed over by an oversight like that. i grouped with you on my shaman down in the bear pits and had a great time with ya

He's probably just overeacting

they always come back :D

Fammaden 12-19-2020 01:15 AM

Shut the project down, we lost Woodark. Good try I guess, but in the end clearly it failed.

feniin 12-19-2020 01:30 AM

Someone who spends days completing AFK checks doesn't just leave.

Tethler 12-19-2020 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannobeers3 (Post 3231081)
pay a street worker at the corner of 82nd and NE Burnside

Lol. I'm from Portland, so I know exactly the place you're talking about. That area is gross, and a street worker from there would be grosser still.

Littlefinger 12-19-2020 02:03 AM

The reply's on this thread are gross. What is wrong with you people.

Woodark, the people who run this server set up the lists and knew exactly how they are being played. It's sad how jaded the staff have become to reply to their mistake the way they did. Probably because of the sad people who have responded to this thread and the pathetic shit they do in the game.

feniin 12-19-2020 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlefinger (Post 3231107)

Woodark, the people who run this server set up the lists and knew exactly how they are being played. It's sad how jaded the staff have become to reply to their mistake the way they did. Probably because of the sad people who have responded to this thread and the pathetic shit they do in the game.

Probably time for you and OP to stand up, get a breath of fresh air, and take a break from the game. A bit too immersed. The staff didn't intend you to sit there for 80 hours. They assumed people were adults on this server and could balance their real lives with their pixel lust.

Tethler 12-19-2020 02:36 AM

Quote:

This isn't a paid service. Just because staff messed up, doesn't mean anyone is entitled to any form of compensation. Quitting for that reason is eyeroll inducing.

What exactly is jaded about the staff response?

Quote:

"I can understand your frustration. And I will say this was oversight by staff, but we will not be handing out lockets to players that were on the list."
This seems perfectly reasonable. They aren't going to summon up free legacy items worth big money just because they forgot to disable the list function for 2 days or whatever.

Jibartik 12-19-2020 04:29 AM

Quote:

mad

Jibartik 12-19-2020 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodark (Post 3231052)
As many of you know, the Locket of Escape was removed from the game on Tuesday (12/8). The devs forgot to remove the list feature and folks that were on the list (myself included) continued to complete AFK checks for a couple days until being notified that the Locket was removed.

Thank you for the adventures! Good bye Norrath! I will sincerely miss you.

this is the EQ equivalent of shorting a stock because you thought you had some inside information and when it doesn't work out putting a gun in your mouth.

annali 12-19-2020 06:23 AM

Wish these forum trolls would $#&! off back to Rants and Flames where they are equally not wanted.

Sorry to see you go. I can imagine your upset at all that wasted time.