Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Dear "wipe it clean" nerds (/forums/showthread.php?t=205511)

Humerox 08-07-2015 04:00 PM

So here it is. Red will lose ~100 actives temporarily and gain 500+ from blue and Reddit since P99 is now legit and the beta is pretty much done.

Win/win.

Peace.

bubur 08-07-2015 04:01 PM

disable raid bosses

award loot for leaderboard position

Strange 08-07-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HippoNipple (Post 2000820)
I also think this would be a great way to bring new players to project 1999 since the Everquest community would hear about it. Every 2 years you probably attract some new people excited about the fresh start that may stick around.

wipes would always get a high population at first, then it dies off quick,and never lasts..

so id say a wipe would not increase the population because if you know about red99 and you are not playing,chances are you would not stick around after the wipe thrill/rush.

you would probably have more people quit if anything if all their hard work was wiped after being promised it wouldnt be.

Fame 08-07-2015 04:03 PM

I did some extensive blue to red recruiting before it was cool, as consequence I ended up getting a shit load of tells and input from new to red players over the years. One of the more common opinions was that starting years after the server was released was a huge turn off for a lot of new potential players.

When they did eventually quit, that was almost always the reason given.

SamwiseRed 08-07-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange (Post 2000829)
wipes would always get a high population at first, then it dies off quick,and never lasts..

so id say a wipe would not increase the population because if you know about red99 and you are not playing,chances are you would not stick around after the wipe thrill/rush.

you would probably have more people quit if anything if all their hard work was wiped after being promised it wouldnt be.

:o

DRAGONBAIT 08-07-2015 04:03 PM

solution is not a wipe, it could change anything or it could change everything. Its up to the people really but im wondering what would happen if we wipe it now and we have TMO guys having a clean competition with the red nerds, i think people also learns from mistakes.

Im sure EVERYONE who plays red, even someone who would lost a bis character would enjoy much more the server, theyre time spent playing, and maybe with some fun pvp going on etc we can create a different culture for the server, as it stands right now u cant really change the culture its been going for the past 4 years.

my 2 cents, anyway wipe it clean wont happen so we can only troll with it

Malevz 08-07-2015 04:04 PM

The idea of a second pvp server that merges with the first after X amount of time would be good. Wiping a server alienates your core players, in the hopes of new people, and old players who are too sick too quit.

Jazzy 08-07-2015 04:04 PM

classic is the greatest.

Would <3 a classic only server, for reals

Strange 08-07-2015 04:06 PM

did salty not launch a fresh server and it was super dead ?

XiakenjaTZ 08-07-2015 04:07 PM

The only reason I think it would help population is if you made it "Purple99".

Some form of teams so casual folks could could feel safe some places and know they won't be PvPed by everyone they meet.

I don't want a wipe.