Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Name Changes (/forums/showthread.php?t=290912)

Watchmyfeet 02-10-2018 12:30 PM

The people who own the game consider these names acceptable
8. Names containing phrases are acceptable, so long as they do not violate any other section of this policy. Names such as "Wizzybattlecry Notintheface", "Amen Canigetarez", or "Healzu Likeabard" are examples of acceptable names.

Phenyo 02-10-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2655431)
Even if your last name didn't violate the policy I still think its covered by:

I think most would agree with a staff member decision that "Elephant" is an improper name for an adventurer in Norath.

Also you could consider it covered by:

... but that's a bit of a stretch since "elephant" isn't a proper name.

P.S. Cheers to the staff on this. While we all remember that the naming policy wasn't enforced 100% religiously on live, it does seem (to me at least) that it was enforced a lot more than it has been here, so this feels like a welcome correction.

Loramin is a medicine available in a number of countries worldwide. A list of US medications equivalent to Loramin is available on the Drugs.com website.

- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).

- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

Yikes

fastboy21 02-10-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchmyfeet (Post 2655439)
The people who own the game consider these names acceptable
8. Names containing phrases are acceptable, so long as they do not violate any other section of this policy. Names such as "Wizzybattlecry Notintheface", "Amen Canigetarez", or "Healzu Likeabard" are examples of acceptable names.

That's not saying much though. The people who own the game also think its a good idea to let folks turn their pets into gingerbreadmen and to buy sex change pots.

fastboy21 02-10-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenyo (Post 2655440)

Loramin is a medicine available in a number of countries worldwide. A list of US medications equivalent to Loramin is available on the Drugs.com website.

- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).

- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

Yikes

So this is what it comes to? Turning each other in? Surely we are not animals? What is this? WoW?

loramin 02-10-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastboy21 (Post 2655448)
So this is what it comes to? Turning each other in? Surely we are not animals? What is this? WoW?

Lol, I dunno I think I'm fair game: if you can't take it don't dish it ;)

But with that said ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenyo (Post 2655440)

Yikes

First off, it's an alias for a single drug, not a "list of medications". Second, "Loramin" was generated by the original EQ in-game random name generator back in 200, long before that pharma company decided that it'd make a nice alias for "Loratadine". Hell, for all I know someone at that company played on Bristlebane and stole the name from me.

Shit's classic.

Baler 02-10-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llandris (Post 2655409)
Recently, the staff went ahead and changed several names of those in violation of the naming policy. I'll go ahead and post the policy here, just to save you time;

If your character name was part of this group, you may petition for a 1 time name change (within an acceptable time frame) so long as it adheres to the naming policy. Do not petition with the expectation of getting your original name back, it was changed for a reason. Thank you for your cooperation.

-P99 Staff

Thank you P99 staff! Tears of joy right now. :)

---
Loramin is a perfectly valid fantasy roleplay name in my opinion.

hugoslavia 02-10-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2655431)
Even if your last name didn't violate the policy I still think its covered by:

I think most would agree with a staff member decision that "Elephant" is an improper name for an adventurer in Norath.

Also you could consider it covered by:

... but that's a bit of a stretch since "elephant" isn't a proper name.

P.S. Cheers to the staff on this. While we all remember that the naming policy wasn't enforced 100% religiously on live, it does seem (to me at least) that it was enforced a lot more than it has been here, so this feels like a welcome correction.

I completely disagree. It seems like a large ogre character having a name like Elephant (an animal which exists in Norrath) as a name makes sense in an RPG. Especially given that he's a shaman. That is really not much of a stretch at all.

skarlorn 02-10-2018 01:36 PM

Jesus christ God bless the staff just when I think I cant love the project more

Muh immersions are safe

Ciksharn 02-10-2018 01:49 PM

Can't wait to see the flaming that will come. If anyone who had their name changed could please post a before and after for everyone's enjoyment please and thank you.

skarlorn 02-10-2018 01:52 PM

I am Formally petitioning to lead the Immersion Protection Squad, a brigade of veteran players who care about the server and patrol Norrath, reporting ALL names which violate naming convention. Is this recognized by the Staff?