Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Do you have offspring? (/forums/showthread.php?t=385906)

Shawk 06-04-2021 03:06 AM

waiting on a few big talkers to show their worth ;)

RecondoJoe 06-04-2021 03:15 AM

I've actually noticed that the only people our age who are interested in re-living the nostalgia are usually single people. Like I heard about P99 during one of my deployments. It wasn't actually out, but it was being talked about and me and another soldier would talk about the game for hours and how bad we wanted to play it when we got the chance.

I contacted him for the first time about 6 months ago and asked him if he ever tried it. He's now married with kids and pretty much told me there's no way he could ever consider playing a game like EverQuest again. Same with all of my high school friends who were even more addicted to this game than me. It hasn't peaked their interest because of the fact that they have a wife and kids.

Honestly IDK if I would have wasted my time playing this game if the pandemic didn't happen. Even on TLP it's kind of hard to play a game like this casually.

Baler 06-04-2021 03:34 AM

Voted in the poll

Shawk 06-04-2021 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecondoJoe (Post 3317468)
I've actually noticed that the only people our age who are interested in re-living the nostalgia are usually single people. Like I heard about P99 during one of my deployments. It wasn't actually out, but it was being talked about and me and another soldier would talk about the game for hours and how bad we wanted to play it when we got the chance.

I contacted him for the first time about 6 months ago and asked him if he ever tried it. He's now married with kids and pretty much told me there's no way he could ever consider playing a game like EverQuest again. Same with all of my high school friends who were even more addicted to this game than me. It hasn't peaked their interest because of the fact that they have a wife and kids.

Honestly IDK if I would have wasted my time playing this game if the pandemic didn't happen. Even on TLP it's kind of hard to play a game like this casually.

The only way I could make it work is over time I just learned to play casually in the sense that I will just jump on a toon and find a named spawn, split the spawn up in a way where I can kind of afk for 10 minutes if I need to. If someone comes along and asks for the spawn I will give it to them and repeat the cycle on another toon or afk and just buff/heal them or something.

I don't think you can really have that experience outside Everquest, DAOC, Ultima, or Asheron's Call. I just play EQ cause the population is so high and that's part of what makes me feel immersed and part of the "world" even while playing so casually.

MMORPGS lately just changed to a hyperactive all inclusive kind of style where this stuff wasn't necessary, Instancing and all sorts of crap changed this dynamic. Sure playing WoW casually makes more sense, but it is meaningless to me, purposeless. There is a philosophy behind EQ compared to the newer stuff I find, and it accommodates this play style if you adapt to it in a way.

So ya, I had to definitely change my play style for sure but I am much healthier gamer now for it I think as I am not so toxic and competitive, I actually just enjoy being part of it. But ya, I don't play with people regularly any longer. I was kicked from so many groups for being afk too long changing diapers or something lol, I got the hint ;)

Shawk 06-04-2021 08:42 PM

Too many crusty socks here ;)

Pulgasari 06-04-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawk (Post 3317464)
waiting on a few big talkers to show their worth ;)

I'd like to hear from Toxigen and G13.

Let's see what they've brought for the war. :rolleyes:

Shawk 06-04-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pulgasari (Post 3317847)
I'd like to hear from Toxigen and G13.

Let's see what they've brought for the war. :rolleyes:

They are both #3 and will not vote, maybe #5.

Gwaihir 06-04-2021 10:24 PM

I can't vote because I have full custody of my children, and I don't collect child support.

Shawk 06-04-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwaihir (Post 3317856)
I can't vote because I have full custody of my children, and I don't collect child support.

#1, father and mother, ez.

ps, respect.

Pulgasari 06-04-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawk (Post 3317857)
#1, father and mother, ez.

ps, respect.

#2 he's not with the mother and support doesn't mean child support payments