Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Classic Darkness bug reports & feedback (/forums/showthread.php?t=336363)

BlankDiploma 10-14-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 2985032)
Were you able to eliminate the quirk where adjusting far-clip plane was causing the light sources' effective radius to change?

Danth

Haven't looked into this yet. It's a known issue, but not one that we felt was worth delaying the rollout.

Jeni 10-14-2019 09:11 PM

Is this what everyone is seeing in Tox?

https://imgur.com/OkLa8qj

Tyronius of Midnight 10-14-2019 09:13 PM

Will the gamma slider eventually be disabled? 100% gamma makes it look like fortnite. ~:-)

Jeni 10-14-2019 09:13 PM

https://i.imgur.com/OkLa8qj.jpg

Wenai 10-14-2019 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure if anyone is having the same issues I am or not. I am a human bard in Qeynos. I ran into a dark corner. On the left is with a torch equipped, on the right is with the torch unequipped (on my cursor). The ambient light around me in both pictures is identical, which I don't think would be expected.

Let me know if you need any more details.

BlankDiploma 10-14-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeni (Post 2985083)
Is this what everyone is seeing in Tox?

https://imgur.com/OkLa8qj

Some sky files were missing from this patch and will be included in the next one. Toxx should be pitch black at night and that blue tint is not intended.

BlankDiploma 10-14-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wenai (Post 2985089)
I am not sure if anyone is having the same issues I am or not. I am a human bard in Qeynos. I ran into a dark corner. On the left is with a torch equipped, on the right is with the torch unequipped (on my cursor). The ambient light around me in both pictures is identical, which I don't think would be expected.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Where were you standing in Qeynos? I'll take a look. That does indeed look like a bug.

Wenai 10-14-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankDiploma (Post 2985147)
Where were you standing in Qeynos? I'll take a look. That does indeed look like a bug.

If you are standing, looking at the front gates. I went in the cubby to the left. Unfortunately not able to get a /loc right now.

BlankDiploma 10-14-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyronius of Midnight (Post 2985085)
Will the gamma slider eventually be disabled? 100% gamma makes it look like fortnite. ~:-)

Gamma can't be disabled, because it's an OS-level setting. Removing the slider won't stop people from doing it.

However, people who expect high gamma to allow a human to see at night may be disappointed. :cool:

BlankDiploma 10-14-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wenai (Post 2985151)
If you are standing, looking at the front gates. I went in the cubby to the left. Unfortunately not able to get a /loc right now.

I just tested that same area on green beta with a fresh human character and my starting candle. Everything works the way I expect it to. Are you using /dyn off, or toggling advanced lighting in the options?

That spot will never be fully dark due to the light bouncing from the city lamps behind you, but my personal light source certainly illuminates it like I expect.