Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Warrior Weapon HATE Chart (/forums/showthread.php?t=143899)

Yaolin 03-24-2014 10:33 PM

A few of the weapons have poison counters as procs..... 250 hate per counter.... still needs to be worked out, but that is why the BotBDE is so ubar. I have to get my hands on a Skorp Impaler to see how many counters it has. This spreadsheet is just a jumping off point.

khanable 03-24-2014 11:28 PM

I was using the claw in sky. Felt like using the botbde.

Definitely need to parse that soon. i was snapping aggro off a 60 epic war pretty easy.

Yaolin 03-25-2014 11:08 AM

For serious?

khanable 03-25-2014 06:59 PM

Yep

4serious

note: I didn't pay attention to his procs, just mine
Could very well just be I snapped aggro from him despite him not having had a proc yet or something.

So I don't think it's totally indicative of the amount of hate being generated.

Definitely still worth a parse to find out, though!

khanable 03-25-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylexis (Post 1379342)
Btw where are you getting the hate levels for the procs?

Edit: I get where the raw hate of the war epic comes from, and I also get where the averaged stun amount comes from, but where does the poison hate generation calculation come from?

We know how much hate is generated each swing, so we can fight something solo until we get a proc (use shield or something in offhand), then stop and turn our back to the mob (to avoid ripostes).

Then we have someone else melee it until it turns to them. Calculate their hate generated based on their swings.

Then find the difference.

Yaolin 03-25-2014 11:48 PM

yup, HOPEFULLY gonna find some time this weekend to iron out some of the odd procs.

Rkelly 04-01-2014 10:20 AM

Was anyone able to test out the Scorpikis Claw this weekend?

Yaolin 04-01-2014 01:02 PM

Used it a lot this weekend and was able to confirm it is 3 Poison counters. It had very good aggro in my KC group when tanking again 3 monks. Still need to do some guard testing.

Soandso 04-18-2014 01:09 PM

So I should put down my ykesha scimitar and use the claw with my skean then? Also, thanks for letting me know that the skean with scimitar is better than the scimitar and sarnak warhammer. I've been thinking I should be using the sarnak hammer instead of the skean cuz it had a better ratio.

baalzy 04-18-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soandso (Post 1419109)
So I should put down my ykesha scimitar and use the claw with my skean then? Also, thanks for letting me know that the skean with scimitar is better than the scimitar and sarnak warhammer. I've been thinking I should be using the sarnak hammer instead of the skean cuz it had a better ratio.

You don't have to have the absolute highest hate generation possible, especially in xp groups, you just need enough hate generation to ensure you're the person getting hit. The hammer will help kill mobs faster and generate better non-proc aggro than the skean, so unless you're playing with people who are out-aggroing the proc on your hammer (but can't out aggro the skean), use the hammer.