Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Guildwar 2.0 (/forums/showthread.php?t=16360)

jyaku 09-02-2010 11:25 PM

random illusion pots. mounts or armor dyes would be pointless sence they will not exist on this server

Dukat 09-02-2010 11:58 PM

I like it but somehow I'm not sure there will be many guild wars going on. It would be nice if there was some way to participate without having to actually be in a guild at war. Theres kind of a barrier for people who would like to PVP without putting their whole guild at risk.

As for PVP rewards I think the best reward would just be respect, and a server wide message stating who killed who

yt2005 09-03-2010 12:01 AM

What stops a player from inviting an unsuspecting newbie to their small guild, then /guildwar-ing and having the newbie ganked "for the lulz"?

jyaku 09-03-2010 12:15 AM

Dukat, i'm sure there would be strict PVP guilds made for just this. also the server wide message's would become a wall of text with the way i see high level players chomping at the bit for PVP. having played on AO and there being announcments as to who killed who if you where in a guild, when 2 guilds fought you it was insane the amount of text you would get.

also suggestion for a bit of a change, could you make it where you can't recive help/buffs from anybody except for those in your group. i'm sure some people would want to do 6v6 battles where there are support characters IE clerics. i know that could cause issues with people grouping with a cleric at all times and keeping him out of sight till they enter battle.

nalkin 09-03-2010 12:17 AM

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3459/warft.png

Bout time. OFFER STILL STANDS. Bring it nubs.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7949

Harrison 09-03-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tork (Post 133655)
Back in on Nameless, we (LoS) tried repeatedly to get other guilds to accept - one of the TW guilds came close after we had one of our TWs (accidentally) mistranslate the pop up box, but sadly ELJediCat didn't click Accept.

I'd like to have seen an actual guildwar, to be honest.

I think it's an awesome idea, in that it makes the PvP guys happy (they can form up ad hoc or standing guilds just for the purpose), and it keeps those not interested out of it.

HOLY SHIT ELJEDICAT

That name brings back so many memories la~

Fucking TW...made me hate Asians in games for years. They were a fucking PLAGUE on our server.

Tseng 09-03-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazortag (Post 133673)
lol yea!!! maybe they could be exchanged for mounts!!! or armor dyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND GLOWING NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the sentiment that people should have to wait 24 hours after joining a warring guild to join in on the PvP, would prevent rampant guild-hopping.

Sorn 09-03-2010 01:31 AM

The winners ought to be awarded a useless No Drop item called 'Ill-Gotten Gain' ('Blood-stained Booty'?). The losers can get a No Drop Badge of Shame, -80 CHA.

I might be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't /anon hide guild tags, too? How would that work in a guild war?

Tseng 09-03-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorn (Post 133725)
The winners ought to be awarded a useless No Drop item called 'Ill-Gotten Gain' ('Blood-stained Booty'?). The losers can get a No Drop Badge of Shame, -80 CHA.

I might be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't /anon hide guild tags, too? How would that work in a guild war?

I suppose they would just appear red to you.

Sorn 09-03-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseng (Post 133736)
I suppose they would just appear red to you.

Might be easy to confuse them with a regular PvP player, in that case.