Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Look how scrawny I was when I joined. (/forums/showthread.php?t=381154)

Baler 03-26-2021 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3279152)

Domisk 03-26-2021 03:29 AM

*Big sip*

A Knight 03-26-2021 04:00 AM

I liked the M1 carbine in DOD. (Had to look up the name.) I think m14 had a lot of problems in korea, especially after they made into an automatic to try to match the ak-47.

I think it was the m14

But like the m16, once they got the system down it was good. I can't find what I thought was its predecessor. The ww2 gun.

I know DOD isn't the most accurate shooter, but I loved getting whatever the ww2 version.

RecondoJoe 03-26-2021 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endorra (Post 3279154)
Ft Campbell? I used to work at the community hospital in Clarksville. /wave

I don't remember if I ever saw the Clarksville Hospital since the hospital on post was pretty big. I definitely spent a lot of time partying at Kicker's, The Lodge, O'Connors.. even Old Chicago, lmao.

RecondoJoe 03-26-2021 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Knight (Post 3279163)
I liked the M1 carbine in DOD. (Had to look up the name.) I think m14 had a lot of problems in korea, especially after they made into an automatic to try to match the ak-47.

I think it was the m14

But like the m16, once they got the system down it was good. I can't find what I thought was its predecessor. The ww2 gun.

I know DOD isn't the most accurate shooter, but I loved getting whatever the ww2 version.

The bolt on the OG M14 used to fall out mid-combat, they later added a metal strip down the side to keep it from doing this. One of the main things I love about the M14 (other than the fact that it's super accurate at mid-to-long ranges for an automataic rifle)... it will fire no matter what. They installed a new chassis system on our M14s... which looked super cool (but made it twice as heavy)... problem is, the only person who could disassemble it was the armorer since it required a bench and special tools. So my M14 would go 6 months without maintenance and still fire true every time I squeezed the trigger. Meanwhile the AR-15 that I cleaned 3 x a day would be lucky to make it 10 rounds into a magazine before having a major malfunction.

Thomacles 03-26-2021 04:26 AM

Good story, OP.

Except the military doesn't accept drop outs. Diploma or GED needed.

But, it's your story, you can tell it however you want.

It's still weapons-grade Bolognium, though.

RecondoJoe 03-26-2021 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomacles (Post 3279167)
Good story, OP.

Except the military doesn't accept drop outs. Diploma or GED needed.

But, it's your story, you can tell it however you want.

It's still weapons-grade Bolognium, though.

I went to night school to get a diploma. My principal was actually a retired Military guy, and when he saw had hard I was working to get in, he kind of pulled some strings to get me a diploma even faster. This was right after 9/11 so people were a lot more gung-ho and patriotic and encouraging every young person to enlist. Which obviously didn't age well.

Viscere 03-26-2021 04:51 AM

You didn't age well

Thomacles 03-26-2021 04:55 AM

OK. Very glad you got your GED. Makes much more sense now. The only reason I know was because I had to deal with a rebellious teen who dropped out, and argued that he would simply join the military.

When he came back from the local recruiter outlet, let's just say he was much much more humble......

RecondoJoe 03-26-2021 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viscere (Post 3279171)
You didn't age well

The opposite is true. When I tell people I was in the ARMY they get confused because they think I'm 23, haha.