Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   just watched DUNE last night (/forums/showthread.php?t=393594)

Jibartik 10-22-2021 06:02 PM

I am shilling for foundation because i stole it!

starkind 10-22-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarne (Post 3378621)
That used to work, but prime stopped housing HBO. Gotta get a max subscription now.

I'm guessing it'll launch as a rental pretty soon. I don't feel like subbing to yet another service.

Even if the rental cost is the same as a 1 month sub. I'd rather have the 3rd party option.

I miss hanging out at blockbuster like when I was a kid too.

Skarne 10-22-2021 06:20 PM

I feel ya. I also miss blockbuster 8(

loramin 10-22-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3378530)
Bro watch foundation! I put that on instead and whoa momma was I pleased!!

From what I've read it's not Foundation ... it's a Star Wars-wannabe TV show named after Foundation: Foundation Just Became Star Wars, and It Sucks.

bomaroast 10-22-2021 10:36 PM

Ya, I re-read the first two books in the Foundation series in anticipation for the show and I'm spending most of my time watching the show in disbelief. wut

Jibartik 10-22-2021 10:54 PM

I am actually shocked that this show was his though because usually his books have characters that are super boring and have no interesting people in it at all, but this movie is full of them!

It's really good though, the visuals are like Infinity War quality

If you like starwars, or startrek, or dune, then you have no reason not to like this, at least the first two episodes.

I felt that way about raised by wolves at first, but by the time the season ended it was pretty much in alien convenant territory.

Perhaps as time goes on I will like this show less but so far it's prety damn awesome and the only thing that I think you could say against it is that the dialogue isn't pretentious and it's super accessible so it's easy to feel like you're above it if you like Bladerunner.

I also think if you had a specific vision of what the books should be and go into the movie like that then welcome to earth because that has never worked out well for anyone.

bomaroast 10-22-2021 10:56 PM

It's feminized shit made for a modern, more retarded and over-sexualized audience.

Jibartik 10-22-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomaroast (Post 3378719)
It's feminized shit made for a modern, more retarded audience.

well that's definitely a you problem, because that didn't bother me.

I can see what you mean, it has female characters.

bomaroast 10-22-2021 11:06 PM

The story does not matter as long as we get to see some sex and some explosions.

Jibartik 10-22-2021 11:10 PM

Im fine with these sets and dramatic environmental shots

If this was just a series of images to music I'd be ok with it lol

When she got to Coruscant or Trantor I mean I was pretty hyped.

Watching that thing wrap around the planet lol come on this shit is amazing.

sic semper tyrannis!