Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Please stop the quakes (/forums/showthread.php?t=427666)

DeathsSilkyMist 01-22-2024 06:47 PM

You're often not competing with a person who has 9000DKP. They have that much DKP because they are saving for a few very rare items that are going to be extremely expensive anyway. Something like Abashi's. From my experience those high DKP individuals are not going to roll on a large chunk of items, especially non-BiS items.

aussenseiter 01-22-2024 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3670902)
You're often not competing with a person who has 9000DKP. They have that much DKP because they are saving for a few very rare items that are going to be extremely expensive anyway. Something like Abashi's. From my experience those high DKP individuals are not going to roll on a large chunk of items, especially non-BiS items.

Why don't I just eat out of the trash like a raccoon, then?

Troxx 01-22-2024 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussenseiter (Post 3670907)
Why don't I just eat out of the trash like a raccoon, then?

Depending on the trash can, there could be some tasty morsels on the dinner table.

Videri 01-22-2024 09:38 PM

Right, the people with a ton of DKP already have most of the items their guild can provide them. They’re either saving for a future big get, or they just like raiding with their guild.

aussenseiter 01-22-2024 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3670940)
Right, the people with a ton of DKP already have most of the items their guild can provide them. They’re either saving for a future big get, or they just like raiding with their guild.

Vindi DKP shouldn't be eligible to purchase BiS items with.

You shall not press down this crown of thorns on raiders heads!

You shall not crucify elfkind upon this cross of gold.

Ciderpress 01-23-2024 12:06 AM

DKP is the best system in this game. Probably why like everybody uses it, I'm not sure what a better system would entail? Tie breaks or something? Cause otherwise, showing up to raids is not getting you what you think it is.

Ciderpress 01-23-2024 12:08 AM

People with lots of dkp in established guilds did a lot more shit than you did. I seriously don't understand the problem with this system.

aussenseiter 01-23-2024 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciderpress (Post 3670965)
DKP is the best system in this game. Probably why like everybody uses it, I'm not sure what a better system would entail? Tie breaks or something? Cause otherwise, showing up to raids is not getting you what you think it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciderpress (Post 3670967)
People with lots of dkp in established guilds did a lot more shit than you did. I seriously don't understand the problem with this system.

I'm not criticizing DKP directly, I'm saying we should all become bi.

wuanahto 01-23-2024 07:11 AM

dont most guilds have fake internal fighting so they can break off and make a new guild JUST to reset DKP?
just wait for the split

Toxigen 01-23-2024 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuanahto (Post 3671009)
dont most guilds have fake internal fighting so they can break off and make a new guild JUST to reset DKP?
just wait for the split

this is the way

best time for items is new guild before the dkp bloat