Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I think the time has come for Shadows of Lucin (/forums/showthread.php?t=430139)

Ciderpress 03-28-2024 03:27 PM

I think people assume adding luclin to p99 is more or less the same thing as sony turning on the next expansion on a tlp. Big noper on that.

Fumoo112 03-28-2024 03:30 PM

Well its been 10 years of velious, if you do not adapt and change with the times, the times pass you by. Yes, p99 gets about 1k players on avg between the two servers. But the new people coming in, which isnt many trying to level is near impossible unless you make a solo class. Healers and CC are non exsistant at lower levels which makes content hard. Just because you guys are 60 with all your raiding gear does not make you right. Its not just about you , i look at it as a new player. Even in a Live eq with the TLPs, it gets stale. So much good content not experinced by the good people of Norrath. Bazaar is trash. I agree, hate it, it ruined the market but there are so many good zones and much more content that is good inside Luclin and PoP.

Ciderpress 03-28-2024 03:31 PM

Ok well you code it

Fumoo112 03-28-2024 03:32 PM

In time Project quarm will take over, and p99 will cease to really exist. Id be on Quarm myself if it wasnt for my friends not wanting to be over there because of some of the bugs.

Fumoo112 03-28-2024 03:34 PM

You could probably release Lucin and just leave the Bazaar out honestly. And act like coding isnt turning into a AI job. Soon most coders will be out of jobs. Nvida is even projecting coding jobs to go obsolete.

Toxigen 03-28-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumoo112 (Post 3680041)
In time Project quarm will take over, and p99 will cease to really exist.

doubt it

instanced raids lol

Fumoo112 03-28-2024 03:39 PM

TLPs have instance raids and they seem to do just fine, just releasing them, and still making Money off of them.

Imago 03-28-2024 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumoo112 (Post 3680045)
TLPs have instance raids and they seem to do just fine, just releasing them, and still making Money off of them.

Not classic tho

Fumoo112 03-28-2024 03:57 PM

Instance raids are just fine, keep open world like TLPs do and then make instance raid encounters, not everyone has 4 days to wait on a spawn, the world is different. People move much faster these days. It is still very possible to have the classic experince with instance raids as well. I get it right, preserve the state of eq when it was the best i get it , im a player from 99. But those times are gone just enjoy it, but just doing velious content gets stale there has to be something else.

Pulgasari 03-28-2024 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciderpress (Post 3680025)
no luclin sucks.

the bazaar sucks and mooncats suck and the whole goofy space fantasy orgy is terrible and bad and only terrible bad people like it.

custom content would be cool, but requires a massive time investment by volunteer devs. But so does adding luclin.

add the pop zones that make sense lore-wise, velious added mischief and growth, the logical next expansion should have been pop anyway. Just remove pok and tune the encounters not to need any luclin gear to beat, boom done.

open source dalaya and get staff that aren't cuckoo birds