Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Error 1018 - Active character (/forums/showthread.php?t=93949)

Bamzal Sherbet 01-12-2013 03:59 PM

well duhh thats because u created a new loginserver ID, and the one that is not being used anymore IS the exempted one. derp.

Urbanzkopf 01-12-2013 04:04 PM

quite strange, i'm ruling out the ip exemp being the problem purely due to the message. I think if you don't have an IP exempt it says your IP is temporarily blocked.

Toxicus 01-12-2013 05:49 PM

No, the other loginserver account was strictly so i could play while my main loginserver account was having Error 1018. It's not to replace the 1st account. It says on the loginserver ID page that you can have up to 3.

Elissa 01-13-2013 03:46 PM

My roommate who made an account last night is having this problem now... hasn't been logged in for 8-9 hours but did /exit to quit the game. I can log into my account just fine, but not his from my computer. We aren't trying to log in at the same time today but were able to last night without an issue.

enr4ged 01-14-2013 12:27 AM

Some accounts are SUPER buggy for some reason. They will get 1018 errors constantly for days at a time even though there is no character logged in. Unfortunately there is no solution for this problem. P1999 says it's the login server fault, the login server says it's P1999 fault. And we are stuck in the middle dealing with the issue. I know several people who have given up playing due to this bug. We're not going to get anywhere unless someone from P1999 coordinates with eqemulator to work on fixing this issue.

Uaellaen 01-14-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enr4ged (Post 812027)
Some accounts are SUPER buggy for some reason. They will get 1018 errors constantly for days at a time even though there is no character logged in. Unfortunately there is no solution for this problem. P1999 says it's the login server fault, the login server says it's P1999 fault. And we are stuck in the middle dealing with the issue. I know several people who have given up playing due to this bug. We're not going to get anywhere unless someone from P1999 coordinates with eqemulator to work on fixing this issue.

you realise rogean hosts both, P99 and the login server right?

Elissa 01-14-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enr4ged (Post 812027)

Yeah... it's unfortunate. It's happening again to my roommate's account after curing itself after 6 hours yesterday. This time he properly camped out too.

enr4ged 01-14-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uaellaen (Post 812141)
you realise rogean hosts both, P99 and the login server right?

If this was the case, why would the mods say it's the login servers fault and they can't do anything?

Droog007 01-15-2013 01:46 PM

My brother experienced this a couple days ago. The next evening he logged in just fine. He's already kinda "on the fence" with this game, since he didn't play near as much as the rest of our crew did back in the day. I'm afraid that if this becomes a recurring thing he'll likely just quit... too bad there's no solution to this.

Ephi 01-15-2013 03:27 PM

We have no power to fix this currently as CSR reps. I've tried multiple things in-game to see if I could boot people off who are experiencing the problem, but nothing has been successful.

So please don't petition for it ;)