Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Luclin Models Blocked (/forums/showthread.php?t=189549)

Pookieson 05-24-2015 11:50 AM

Who nerfed my Sig? i want answers now.

BahamutDF 05-24-2015 07:54 PM

I don't personally have an issue with the Luclin models. I don't exactly love them, but I don't personally care if others use them. With that said, I feel this argument is pointless in general because:

A) This is a free gaming project that is not run for profit. As such, Nilbog et. al have absolutely no financial or moral imperative to listen to people arguing in favor of continuing to allow the use of Luclin models
B) You choose to play here and there are other servers with other rulesets and objectives
C) If anything, Nilbog et. al are extremely consistent as they've always stated the goal was to make the server as classic as possible on all fronts.

It's not about personal preference. It's not about what's "good" or "bad" for the server. It's not about being fair or unfair. And it's not about some misguided moral argument, either.

It's very simple: Either play with full understanding of what the objectives are (and have always been), or find another server that is more accommodating to your personal preferences.

/thread yet? Sheesh

Pookieson 05-24-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahamutDF (Post 1905723)
I don't personally have an issue with the Luclin models. I don't exactly love them, but I don't personally care if others use them. With that said, I feel this argument is pointless in general because:

A) This is a free gaming project that is not run for profit. As such, Nilbog et. al have absolutely no financial or moral imperative to listen to people arguing in favor of continuing to allow the use of Luclin models
B) You choose to play here and there are other servers with other rulesets and objectives
C) If anything, Nilbog et. al are extremely consistent as they've always stated the goal was to make the server as classic as possible on all fronts.

It's not about personal preference. It's not about what's "good" or "bad" for the server. It's not about being fair or unfair. And it's not about some misguided moral argument, either.

It's very simple: Either play with full understanding of what the objectives are (and have always been), or find another server that is more accommodating to your personal preferences.

/thread yet? Sheesh

boot licker.

PDX0621 05-24-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

/thread yet? Sheesh

Already addressed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDX0621 (Post 1903364)
Obviously I realize this whole conversion is ultimately meaningless, since we know the models will be removed by the powers that be. That much has already been stated. The hypocrisy of many of the PLAYERS who want them removed is what I am talking about. PLAYERS. PLAYERS. I find the reasoning many want them removed is hypocritical, considering all the other non classic features the same said players use. I find the rationale their arguments and discussing it to be entertaining, even if it's all for not.

Kika Maslyaka 05-24-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

/thread yet? Sheesh

Fine, lets suppose our direction is 100% Classic regardless of "what's "good" or "bad"". How about number of non classic things that were intentionally implemented? Recharge nerf of lifetap thing? Raid rotation?

elkay 07-05-2015 03:43 PM

Is this still official? P99 forcibly blocking Luclin models next month?

milsorgen 07-05-2015 04:31 PM

It's extremely disconcerting to see so many people so flippant about the use of exploits.

Water is wet and cheating is cheating.

Millburn 07-05-2015 04:36 PM

Luclin models aren't classic. /thread

elkay 07-05-2015 04:50 PM

I'm just trying to get an official word whether "discouraged" or "bannable".

Baler 07-07-2015 12:32 AM

Edit: Shits classic I get that.. but I mean it's also unfortunate and alternative graphics can be a draw for players.