Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OFFICIAL PROPOSAL from FE/TMO (/forums/showthread.php?t=133107)

contemptor 12-30-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ella`Ella (Post 1245908)
If you have the force to mobilize into VP and make an attempt, don't you think you're in a different category than people fawning for Draco?

However you want to put it, it's a punishment for attempting to zone in with you guys.

Troubled 12-30-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autotune (Post 1245906)
So basically things only change during the first 7 days for the other guilds and the normal raid guilds will agree to not poopsock (something that should have been done long ago).

Non-Priority targets aren't focus'd ever on repops.

I don't see much of a change, but for 7 days a month.

I also don't see this helping into velious.

A temporary fix to keep GMs happy until Velious, with them giving up very little, meant to fear guilds from "attempting" VP dragons, lest they get punished for 90 days for racing TMO/FE/IB in VP. Any guild trying to progress meets a HUGE hurdle there.

Ecguy 12-30-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

So basically things only change during the first 7 days for the other guilds and the normal raid guilds will agree to not poopsock (something that should have been done long ago).

And the de-prioritized targets the rest of the month. It's a pretty big change.

Vandy 12-30-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ella`Ella (Post 1245908)
If you have the force to mobilize into VP and make an attempt, don't you think you're in a different category than people fawning for Draco?

3 MONTHS..... seems excessive if you attempt a VP mob and can't kill it then you are pretty screwed.

Yinikren 12-30-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Thank you.

I don't like this proposal - too much emphasis on the reason we are all here in the first place - mob monopoly.

Helping the server for 1 week a month isn't helping the server.

Logging alts at a mob location IS POOPSOCKING. There is no way around that. You specifically go out of your way to say no poopsocking, then say guilds can log and poopsock as long as they aren't online.

We need a system that monitors itself every week, not some bandaid fix like this where the majority of the guilds can still go on vacation 3 out of 4 weeks of the month.

contemptor 12-30-2013 08:22 PM

Just to clarify, VP is not my only complaint, that one is just the most hilarious.

Ella`Ella 12-30-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troubled (Post 1245916)
A temporary fix to keep GMs happy until Velious, with them giving up very little, meant to fear guilds from "attempting" VP dragons, lest they get punished for 90 days for racing TMO/FE/IB in VP. Any guild trying to progress meets a HUGE hurdle there.

I mean, I guess it's a punishment if you stop trying after one attempt and want to go back to being the big kids in the Category B playground.

Turp_SmokinPurp 12-30-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 1245901)
Rotations - how do the Category A guilds plan on sharing mobs? The same way they have in the past? Is not the majority of the 'upset' people FE/IB complaining that TMO gets the mobs? How are we rectifying the tension between Category A guilds?.

I can answer that one. Really wasn't FE/IB or TMO going at it this past week. Was really every other guild wanting a piece. I see how you could of thought that though, but shit just inevitably hit the fan.
So category A guilds do not share, that is the "hardcore" group and they will continue to compete. The lessers guilds will also compete, but with each other and not with the hardcore "alt armies".

Ecguy 12-30-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

We need a system that monitors itself every week, not some bandaid fix like this where the majority of the guilds can still go on vacation 3 out of 4 weeks of the month.
There are target the rest of the month that CAT A guilds ignore.

JayN 12-30-2013 08:24 PM

all these rule proposals are great in all but without enforcement, its nothing really.

whos going to be watching everything all the time to make sure people dont break these rules?