Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Girlfriend (/forums/showthread.php?t=213805)

Pyrion 10-07-2015 04:45 AM

This is the opposite of living your dream... dreaming your life.

Flunklesnarkin 10-07-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringles (Post 2069443)
Why do you people get off on this? (OP)

I'm not sure. I've spent hours trying to figure out why the art of trolling holds so much appeal for me.

My first thought is it's an outlet for socially maladjusted people to practice normal social skills, and who doesn't like a creative story. Contrary to what cartoons and disney fairy tales might tell you about people, we are a bunch of assholes in real life. The only reason people hide their asshole-ness is because they want to fit in with society and climb the social ladder.

I see plenty of trolling in real life, at work, at the gym, in the grocery store. It's all around us. Some motivations might be more "valid" socially than others but people always try to tear down / troll others.

Trolling out of anger or just to annoy people seems like a low caliber reason to troll. It lacks subtlety. The guy who spams "nuh uhh, ur wrong LOLZZ" repeatedly isn't even worth engaging. There is no creativity there.

Trolling for political reasons or to make a statement about certain laws seems like a medium caliber reason to troll. Although sometimes it can be incredibly amusing at the same time. Like when the swedish conservative party set up a gay pride parade through a muslim ghetto. What could possibly go wrong? Progressives looked like asses canceling the parade because they offended muslims "were not all like that!", and if they let the parade go there would be murders and show that all the lies libruls put on the media about the passive and peace loving muslims is full of shit.

Trolling just for entertainment and to make people laugh seems like a high quality reason to troll. Know your audience of course and not try to harm anything more than just feelz and everything is fine with me. People insult each other constantly in life. It starts in grade school and progresses into adult life. Who can toss the most entertaining insults usually has the highest social standing in a given situation.

TL/DR: I view online trolling as a way to sharpen my wit. Being able to spout off random funny nonsense in real life social situations is definitely helpful in many settings.

radda 10-07-2015 08:44 AM

shut the fuck up please

Rick Sanchez 10-07-2015 08:55 AM

Autism speaks.

Spyder73 10-07-2015 10:24 AM

There are no words to describe this - but your poem has inspired me - they say immitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin (Post 2069278)
I haven't met her yet online or offline. She is only an idea in my head. But I am positive she exists and is waiting for a guy like me. She's around my age, a virgin, has a great bosom, and shares many of my interests. In fact although we haven't even met I'm sure she will want me to move in with her. There we will play video games all days, chat about our dreams, and more.

She will first meet me in real life by driving to where I live. So she will somehow only be a couple hours away from where I live.

The problem with my girlfriend is she is too perfect. It is in the nature of persons to stop her and my relationship. As it is a freak of nature.

I have only met him online. He is only a troll on the forums, but I am positive he waiting for another troll like me. He is around my age, definitely a virgin, has a small d!ck, and is only allowed by <Empire> to hunt in Black Burrow. In fact although we haven’t even met I’m sure he will want to move in with me (because lives in parents basement in Europe currently). There we will play P99 all day, chat about Gnoll Fang XP nerf, and more.

The problem with my Swish is that he is too perfect. It is in the nature of person to stop his and my relationship. As it is a freak of nature.

Shrubwise 10-07-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simp403 (Post 2069492)
Where is it from? I was 99% certain that it was copypasta but I googled portions of it and couldn't find anything.

I have no idea, but it just reeks of copy pasta. Nothing this entertaining is going to be an original P99'er.

surf3001x 10-07-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radda (Post 2069683)
shut the fuck up please

lol summed this entire thread up

Ostros 10-07-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surf3001x (Post 2069790)
lol summed this entire thread up

shut the fuck up please

maerilith 10-07-2015 11:51 AM

I knew it was a copypasta or something like, thats why I didn't respond and post a TLDR post liek some of u

NOT REKT

surf3001x 10-07-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostros (Post 2069803)
shut the fuck up please

shut the fuck up please