Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Good Bye P99 (/forums/showthread.php?t=374401)

zaldaben 12-19-2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3231151)
this is the EQ equivalent of shorting a stock because you thought you had some inside information and when it doesn't work out putting a gun in your mouth.

I think a more accurate description would be investing in a company when the leaders failed to disclose an accurate accounting of q3 and q4 profits so come the next q1 the stock tanks when its corrected and you lose your investment. which in any case the company would be held liable and at least have to issue a public statement.

derpcake2 12-19-2020 07:11 AM

wellbye.gif

BarnabusCollins 12-19-2020 07:39 AM

The Locket of Escape will be living in your head rent free for the rest of your life.

Evia 12-19-2020 07:54 AM

Staff should take 1 locket and make all those who were on list random for it. Seems fair and just.

Although tbh I don’t think staff is obligated to do anything. This is free service after all.

BarnabusCollins 12-19-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derpcake2 (Post 3231167)
wellbye.gif

Just wanted to let you know we're leaving town. It's over.

Well.. bye.

You smell that? Smells like someone died around here.

Fammaden 12-19-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annali (Post 3231162)
Sorry to see you go.

Do you know him in game?

Dolalin 12-19-2020 08:04 AM

Woodark, I would urge you to reconsider.

I have had many interactions with staff, Nilbog and Telin especially, and I can tell you flat out that they are:

1) incredibly devoted to this server
2) put in tons of volunteer time outside of their RL jobs to make it as classic as possible
3) are incredibly overworked and can't cover every base

Maybe the communication could be better, but the effort and goodwill is 100% there, take it from me. I'm sorry this happened to you. But it's not malevolence, it's 3-4 volunteers having to maintain a game that once employed hundreds of people full time to develop and maintain. There are going to be shortfalls. It sucks I know. But please try to understand it from that perspective.

drackgon 12-19-2020 08:53 AM

Clearly don'tknow you well. But still a sad post. It sucks there was a mess up by admins/gm but, like many say this game is free and ran on donations. So mistakes happen. But more sad to see someone get broken and leave over an legacy item, as a fellow gamer bud we've all hit ups and downs. But always a respawn after game over. Chin up bud more exicting items drop in the game, yes 70+ hours at a list is horrid as hell, but don't give up the game if it still brings u joy. Only quit when it doesn't.

Also trolls on this post should just be banned outright from forums if I had my way:)

P.s. Gathered Might does have locket of escapes(not for sale) but always for renting out if you need a bind somewhere.

BarnabusCollins 12-19-2020 10:25 AM

Put him in a body bag!

Convict 12-19-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feniin (Post 3231100)
Someone who spends days completing AFK checks doesn't just leave.

have to agree with this