Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Evidence that bind wound shouldn't be possible while being attacked (/forums/showthread.php?t=334262)

loramin 09-30-2019 12:22 PM

Does anyone, in the entire project, remember people self-binding wounds in fights? No? Then I think this one ought to be "evidence of binding wounds in combat is required to keep this functionality; without it P99 ditches it" rather than just assuming everyone who played the game in '99-'01 was an idiot.

I think since no one remembers it the default assumption, if no evidence turns up, should be that it wasn't possible. And surely if it was possible there'd be some instance of it in some log from EQMac or something?

Benanov 09-30-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2972180)
Does anyone, in the entire project, remember people self-binding wounds in fights? No? Then I think this one ought to be "evidence of binding wounds in combat is required to keep this functionality; without it P99 ditches it" rather than just assuming everyone who played the game in '99-'01 was an idiot.

I think since no one remembers it the default assumption, if no evidence turns up, should be that it wasn't possible. And surely if it was possible there'd be some instance of it in some log from EQMac or something?

ISTR binding friends was possible in-combat but binding yourself in-combat was not. Any damage just made you stop; these logs are right.

Jimjam 09-30-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2972180)

As a big proponent of battle bandage i have to say its been a good ride, but i'm sure i attempted bandage on live and wrote it off as useless as being hit would interupt it.

Look: i didn't even make a thread claiming the nerf will make solo melee unplayable!

loramin 09-30-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2972241)
Look: i didn't even make a thread claiming the nerf will make solo melee unplayable!

:D

Jimjam 09-30-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2972245)
:D

The irony is, sans fungi, it would be close to truth.

Ah well, i bought this stupid green box because i wanted to play dnd with people all over the world, not to play kings quest.

loramin 09-30-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2972261)
The irony is, sans fungi, it would be close to truth.

Ah well, i bought this stupid green box because i wanted to play dnd with people all over the world, not to play kings quest.

*Hero's Quest (later changed to "Quest for Glory" for legal reasons) ... King's Quest didn't have levels ;

(KQ4 was my first computer adventure game ever though, so that series will always hold a special place in my heart.)

But seriously, I would argue that a lot of changes (such as combat bind wounds) would be a great improvement for melee, because I think melees should be able to solo (just more poorly than casters).

The only problem is ... it's not classic.

Jimjam 09-30-2019 02:55 PM

Wrong heroquest, but Why Heroquest is so Great.

loramin 09-30-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2972374)
Wrong heroquest, but Why Heroquest is so Great.

ROFL I own multiple boxes of that Hero Quest!

(In fact, I learned to paint minis by practicing on the Hero Quest ones ... I still have some of the most god awful-looking orcs from that game that you'll ever see!)

Ashenden 09-30-2019 05:19 PM

All of those logs really speak for themselves. Completely different behavior than on P99. Thanks for the good research.

Brocode 10-01-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashenden (Post 2972525)
All of those logs really speak for themselves. Completely different behavior than on P99. Thanks for the good research.

yeah because logs arent editable... but hey its their classic, never used that tactic, never needed