Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Koi legs ninja looted during open server raid (/forums/showthread.php?t=397715)

DeathsSilkyMist 01-12-2022 01:26 PM

Well with rooted dragons I guess you could get Koi pants to fight koi lol.

Tunabros 01-12-2022 01:35 PM

yeah guess that pants are nice if you are reallllly min maxing for all raid encounters

DeathsSilkyMist 01-12-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3410192)
yeah guess that pants are nice if you are reallllly min maxing for all raid encounters

Yeah I can't think of any major encounter outside of Koi where you would really need a high class EB item. There aren't a lot of underwater raids in Classic-Velious. I don't really consider something like phinny to be anything serious since a group can do it.

I wouldn't bother getting Koi pants on any character TBH. Waste of DKP. If you want good warrior pants get SS Greaves until you can afford Wurm Hides.

I haven't checked the DKP price on Koi pants in a long time, so I would only get Koi pants if they are dirt cheap. At that point a few DKP would be worth not paying the 60k or whatever it is these days to MQ SS Greaves.

Naethyn 01-12-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naethyn (Post 3410057)
The rule of HP>ALL cannot be undone. Do not be deceived.

Koi pants are BIS.

DeathsSilkyMist 01-12-2022 01:51 PM

10 STA, 15FR, 2AC > 5HP. The STA is still useful if you get dispelled, or if you can cap STA without needing a STA buff, which saves you a buff slot.

If 5 HP saved you in a raid, your CH chain sucked lol.

Jibartik 01-12-2022 01:54 PM

Well, that's why we're thankful he had those 5 hps, life is hard and people make mistakes :)

DeathsSilkyMist 01-12-2022 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3410203)
Well, that's why we're thankful he had those 5 hps, life is hard and people make mistakes :)

Of course people make mistakes. But if you get down to 5HP, that means the CH chain failed bad, and not all warriors have the same exact HP pool. Good guilds try to have many warriors do the encounters so everyone gets better, and many warriors do not have mostly BiS gear. There will often be hundreds of HP differences between tanks.

Having more STA and FR means you could save a buff slot for something else, and if you need resistances you will need to swap less pieces, which reduces how much HP you lose. Trading 10 STA, 15FR, and 2AC for 5HP is honestly really dumb.

Samoht 01-12-2022 02:11 PM

I'm glad people who clearly still don't understand HP stacking are here to give us their opinion on what's BIS. If you take a 5 HP increase on every piece of armor, that's 100 HP, so highest HP on every piece wins. Every time.

2 AC is worthless against targets that will max hit every time.

10 STA is worthless unless you're poorly geared overall. Otherwise, you're STA capped.

15 fire resist, what, who cares.

Not having to drop total HP by 50 to switch to fishbone earring? Priceless.

DeathsSilkyMist 01-12-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samoht (Post 3410209)
I'm glad people who clearly still don't understand HP stacking are here to give us their opinion on what's BIS. If you take a 5 HP increase on every piece of armor, that's 100 HP, so highest HP on every piece wins. Every time.

2 AC is worthless against targets that will max hit every time.

10 STA is worthless unless you're poorly geared overall. Otherwise, you're STA capped.

15 fire resist, what, who cares.

Not having to drop total HP by 50 to switch to fishbone earring? Priceless.

Oh, the guy who doesn't know how Dex works or how Raiding works, trying to tell people how HP works:)

We are talking about a 5HP difference in a single slot, not acquiring HP gear in multiple slots. You need to spend 5 seconds thinking before you post.

Fammaden 01-12-2022 02:17 PM

Ten sta on an item essentially tied for bis is pretty relevant to a lot of warrior races.