Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Classic Darkness bug reports & feedback (/forums/showthread.php?t=336363)

Fammaden 10-14-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wenai (Post 2985089)
I am not sure if anyone is having the same issues I am or not. I am a human bard in Qeynos. I ran into a dark corner. On the left is with a torch equipped, on the right is with the torch unequipped (on my cursor). The ambient light around me in both pictures is identical, which I don't think would be expected.

Let me know if you need any more details.

I noticed the same thing, and I don't remember that ambient lighting existing back in the era. I played an erudite as my main/first character and those spots in Qeynos were brutal, just pitch black.

Gandite 10-14-2019 10:08 PM

I am in WK and it is fuckin DARK.

Nice work lads.

BlankDiploma 10-14-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fammaden (Post 2985170)
I noticed the same thing, and I don't remember that ambient lighting existing back in the era. I played an erudite as my main/first character and those spots in Qeynos were brutal, just pitch black.

Unfortunately, there is some baked lighting in city areas that we won't really be able to do much about. Qeynos, in particular has some VERY bright lanterns and the titanium client plays pretty fast and loose with the way illumination bleeds around corners.

It was more of a priority for us to get wilderness areas and caves/dungeons properly dark rather than have little nooks and crannies in some cities be 100% perfect.

Fammaden 10-14-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankDiploma (Post 2985184)
Unfortunately, there is some baked lighting in city areas that we won't really be able to do much about. Qeynos, in particular has some VERY bright lanterns and the titanium client plays pretty fast and loose with the way illumination bleeds around corners.

It was more of a priority for us to get wilderness areas and caves/dungeons properly dark rather than have little nooks and crannies in some cities be 100% perfect.

Understood, its definitely closer.

akagami 10-14-2019 10:25 PM

It was pretty dark even on a gnome. Running on a Mac so it’s working there too.

My only complaint is that it’s pretty hard to see where to click the spell gems exactly.

lowner411 10-14-2019 10:41 PM

The Barbarians holding candles have a white glow around them, even the corpses. Is this as intended?

BlankDiploma 10-14-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowner411 (Post 2985238)
The Barbarians holding candles have a white glow around them, even the corpses. Is this as intended?

We're going to look into fixing the glowing corpses issue. It seems to also be blowing out the dynamic light budget in some crowded areas, causing flickering.

dekova 10-14-2019 11:55 PM

First off. AMAZING WORK. I created a human ranger in Surefall and the tunnel was as dark as I remembered.

I also tested a Dark Elf in Neriak. Looks like some areas are still showing much darker than I would expect with ultravision.

This is across from House of D'Abth in Neriak Commons. LOC -25, -1140.
https://ibb.co/KspdjbS

Axlrose 10-15-2019 12:10 AM

I thought the early version of the game had some corny looking planets and stars in the sky, appearing quite out of place, only to be replaced with the stars we currently have? If there is a choice between having a ringed planet large enough to appear "as is" verses nothing, then I will take nothing (though I rather keep the current stars at least on Blue - adds character).

BlankDiploma 10-15-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekova (Post 2985300)
First off. AMAZING WORK. I created a human ranger in Surefall and the tunnel was as dark as I remembered.

I also tested a Dark Elf in Neriak. Looks like some areas are still showing much darker than I would expect with ultravision.

This is across from House of D'Abth in Neriak Commons. LOC -25, -1140.
https://ibb.co/KspdjbS

Thank you for the report, I'll take a look.