Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Guild Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   <No Time To Rez> P99's new Permadeath Guild, are you up to the (/forums/showthread.php?t=276005)

Smaxx 06-30-2017 07:29 AM

I must say, this is the most fun I have had on P99 in a long time. I am currently on version 3.0 of my main...Dwarf Pally made it to 10 only to be slain in Blackburrow by some Elite Gnolls, Half Elf Bard got to 4 before singing the wrong tune in Kaladim and being ganked by several angry dwarves, and I haven't touched the 3.0 which happens to be a druid. My alt character is on his second, a level 8 (currently) High Elf mage that has real promise! Give us a try, the guild members are all fun and the obits are creative and funny!

Kaezyr D`Shiv 06-30-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilzark (Post 2549322)
I'm of two minds about this. Seems fun, but also sadistic. I think I might go insane if I have to kill another rat, fire beetle, or decayed skeleton.

I have to say, if you don't have it in you to kill any decaying skeletons, or fire beetles, then this is definitely not for you. This playstyle can definitely be summed up as Sadistic lol. Maybe that's why we have attracted some of the PVP crowd.

No matter, I recommend it! It is a great break from the old karnor's castle/old sebilis grouping, or howling stones/velketor's labyrinth solo farm grinds that most take part in these days.

I would like to sum up, that guild rules allow each person to have 2 characters guilded, both have to follow the rules. For example before yesterday I had a level 8 DE Enchanter, and a level 6 Human Wizard. The Enchanter was more my solo grinding "main" if you will, the Wizard I joined some guild groups with. After my Enchanter died, now that wizard is my new main. Funny how that happens lol. I spent the last over 2 years playing a Wizard as my main to level 60 with a VP Key, Velketor's Robe, PoM Robe, Giantbane/Dragonbane nuke spells, and epic staff, and here I am "main"ing another Wizard again!! Its the roll of the dice in <No Time To Rez> !!

gildor 06-30-2017 01:53 PM

After quickly losing my first 3 close to level 1 (Orc Pawn , Militia Skeleton, Deathfist Pawn ) I have hit my stride I believe. Nearing level 11 on a dark elf warrior, been able to scrounge up and tunnelquest enough for a BABS, Tree Weave, and some banded. Much fun to be had! if I die...I look forward to rolling the dice again!

lowner411 07-05-2017 07:47 AM

This has been fun, especially with the random character requirement. Roll a race/class you don't know, and at least you learn something new before posting an obituary on Discord.

Muggens 07-05-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gildor (Post 2549473)
After quickly losing my first 3 close to level 1 (Orc Pawn , Militia Skeleton, Deathfist Pawn ) I have hit my stride I believe. Nearing level 11 on a dark elf warrior, been able to scrounge up and tunnelquest enough for a BABS, Tree Weave, and some banded. Much fun to be had! if I die...I look forward to rolling the dice again!

What are the rules on gear upon death? Can it be passed on or must be deleted?

Crookstinger 07-05-2017 02:28 PM

Everything is deleted within 5 minutes of death. Gear, plat, everything. All that's left is memories.

Rygar 07-05-2017 03:16 PM

I LOL'd so hard at your screenshot where you are deleting your Dark Elf Enchanter, you tell your (I'm assuming non-guilded) group member:

"You're on your own, I'm a permadeath character. I need to delete now"

Reminds me of when Itchy & Scratchy introduced that dog character, Poochy. Then the owner wrote him off saying, "Sorry kids, I need to return to my home planet now" and the cell just lifts off the screen followed by "Poochy was killed on the way to his home planet".

Kaezyr D`Shiv 07-05-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crookstinger (Post 2551523)
Everything is deleted within 5 minutes of death. Gear, plat, everything. All that's left is memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDN4awrpPQQ

Know what I mean...

Kaezyr D`Shiv 07-05-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygar (Post 2551541)
I LOL'd so hard at your screenshot where you are deleting your Dark Elf Enchanter, you tell your (I'm assuming non-guilded) group member:

"You're on your own, I'm a permadeath character. I need to delete now"

Reminds me of when Itchy & Scratchy introduced that dog character, Poochy. Then the owner wrote him off saying, "Sorry kids, I need to return to my home planet now" and the cell just lifts off the screen followed by "Poochy was killed on the way to his home planet".

That's good stuff. What you didn't see is when a guild member was grouped with that same person the next day, and said "I hope I don't die grouped with her too".

Shortly after that comment , said member lost that character in a tragic death to some treehuggers at a druid ring, all because he wanted to get a SoW.

Come Join the Fun!! All you need to do is join in the Discord (Link:https://discord.gg/gc89fb5 ) , say Hello. Read the rules in the guild rules channel. There are multiple options available to roll up a character, ask for one and get going. All officers have invite characters covering all major areas!

hagglebaby 07-05-2017 05:14 PM

I think this is perfect for me because I've been playing a hardcore mode by myself. Self imposed rules: no twinking, no economy buying and selling, no gifts of any kind, pvp flag on, no buffs of any kind, no heals of any kind, no grouping with twinks (so basically no grouping), no looting corpses of an inappropriate level, no buying inappropriate items from vendors (repeatable quest items or high level vendor trash).