Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers) (/forums/showthread.php?t=345124)

Fawqueue 12-27-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggie (Post 3055661)
I dunno dudes. I just got out of it. The first third of the movie was very much like Ray's first movie. The middle had a few predictable parts. By the end I was happy the movie was made and was entertaining(not edge your seat, mind you).

I am not sure i bought the love story between Kylo and Ray, but I think they did a good job on the end scene regardless. As with Galach I was a little taken aback when he ghosted. I am a little bit raising an eye brow about bringing people back from the dead, even with the trade of a life. Not natural. Not Jedi.

I enjoyed the younger version CSI's of Luke and Leai. Way better than when they did it with that Empire general. That tech has come a long way and I'm excited to see where Disney can take it in the future. Hopefully no more Leai.

I am not sure about the yellow(gold?) light saber at the end with Ray. What does that color signify? Super Sayan Jedi?

It really depends on how much of a Star Wars fan you are going into this movie. If you casually watched other movies but never really immersed yourself in the lore, nor found it a particularly important part of your childhood, then you are likely happy enough with all three of the Disney movies. However, if Luke Skywalker and his exploits were important to your childhood, then this entire trilogy is a travesty.

I mean the movie ends with Rey, a Palpatine, having taken possession of Luke's X-Wing, his lightsaber, his homestead on Tatooine, and his god damn name. So...the Rise of Skywalker is really the ultimate victory of...Emperor's Palpatine's Grandchild? How is that a sensible way to honor and end the story that was supposed to be about a farm boy on a hero's journey?

Nirgon 12-27-2019 04:00 AM

Oh look, retarded feminists who dont have a shit about Star Wars

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7396602923.jpg

Shocker

"Ghostbusters" was retarded too

It's not about the story, or a plot or anything else

It's about Luke Skywalker's a girl now and this is the norm, so get used to seeing it everywhere cuz this is how it is

pfffshhhh

Sigourney Weaver in Aliens was a bad ass female star, this new Terminator etc shit is retarded and about pushing propaganda / conditioning you with "new norms"

aaezil 12-27-2019 04:40 AM

The fat sweaty undesirables love to rail the new star wars movies. Its the new cool thing to do.

Only problem is saying the plot doesnt make sense in a fantasy sci fi “western” film is a good joke, though! The original three were laughaby bad movies by any serious measure but they were still good entertainment. Same way with the next 6 star warz.

TripSin 12-27-2019 05:53 AM

I thought this movie was absolutely terrible. Comically bad story-telling and embarrassing cinematography.

solleks 12-27-2019 11:32 AM

The premise of space is so outlandish it's hard to stomach a politically correct/space movie. Did not watch.

UglyTater 12-27-2019 12:18 PM

I'm always amused when someone asks 'what did you think of this' and the response is 'well I didn't interact with it, but here's my opinion based on nothing'. Amazon question responses need a trash button by them.

I did see the movie, and man, did anyone have more fun this year than Billy Dee? He stole every scene he was in. The movie has its problems trying to deal with TLJ dealing with TFA, and then there's light speed skipping, and really it was too busy, but it's not nearly as bad as every fan boy is making it out. The thing about the original trilogy that helps it last is the stories are very simple, which is no longer the case in the movies being made. I don't know if I'll be seeing the next Star Wars movie on opening night, but I was happy to see this one, even with its problems.

Also, John Williams is the GOAT.

Horza 12-27-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teppler (Post 3056809)
Put a bunch of 2019 social themes and surround them with lightsabers and Wookiee instead of constructing it story wise and thematically

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 3056919)
Oh look, retarded feminists who dont have a shit about Star Wars

You both seem to be handling galach banning political discussion here like normal, not terribly maladjusted people.

Canelek 12-28-2019 04:59 PM

It was pretty OK, as with the rest of the trilogy. Left-field romance subplots aside, they built some cool set pieces.

And was it just me or did they steal the emperor robot-arm setup from Hellraiser II?

http://i.imgur.com/pZ7PjAE.jpg

Mblake81 01-03-2020 06:05 PM

ROTJ speeder bike is the best action scene in Star Wars.