Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   NRO Alchemy Merchants not classic (/forums/showthread.php?t=392068)

ecredes 09-22-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3366171)
did op make a bug report?

Yes, this thread is a crosspost of my bug report post.

Scalem 09-22-2021 03:10 PM

This server isn't classic. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Zekayy 09-26-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3365309)
fuck you ecredes,

for making this a more classic experience for everyone to enjoy! :)

Now go to bat with me for removing mouse wheel zoom or you're doing this to laugh at everyone angry.

they also need to remove the discipline window

Swish 09-26-2021 10:19 PM

Is this the Daldaen style of report where you only report it if it affects a class you don't play?

booter 09-27-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3365317)
For those who think baler is off his meds, nah listen up.

Those vendors in NRO are a corner stone to the Alchemy Potion Market in EC.
You like SoW pots? Ant Pots? Null Pots?

No longer can you find a shaman in EC and have them whip you up some unless they bring them in from many, many zones far away.

This is going to affect the alchemy potion market in EC.
everyone should be upset about this.

YOUR MOVE ecredes!

baler forgot to switch to his alt account before agreeing with himself :o

BlackBellamy 09-27-2021 11:33 AM

No one is upset by this. No one even knows. Potion buyers don't care about potion vendors and they will stay pay 100p per SoW pot not a plat more. Nothing is going to change.

Ananka 10-07-2021 09:40 PM

I'm curious how the potion supplies made it on to a barbarian fishing merchant in NRO in the first place. Sounds fishy.

It's always been a thing that shaman's had to make long journeys for supplies. I recall on live during the classic era that more then one Barbarian shaman would complain that they had a longer trip for spells and supplies then evil shamans. The actual "Shaman" merchants away from the home cities were not that far away in Everfrost or in the middle of Innothule Swamp. The only outliers being spells on a neutral faction vender in WK at the Barbarian village there and potions supplies at gypsy camps.

JDAm0nk 10-08-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ananka (Post 3372241)
I'm curious how the potion supplies made it on to a barbarian fishing merchant in NRO in the first place. Sounds fishy.

It's always been a thing that shaman's had to make long journeys for supplies. I recall on live during the classic era that more then one Barbarian shaman would complain that they had a longer trip for spells and supplies then evil shamans. The actual "Shaman" merchants away from the home cities were not that far away in Everfrost or in the middle of Innothule Swamp. The only outliers being spells on a neutral faction vender in WK at the Barbarian village there and potions supplies at gypsy camps.

Serious question:

Isn't this all irrelevant with the release of Velious/Thurgadin?

90%+ of reagents are available there and I would assume most people who are selling potions in EC have access to guild port bots to ferry them to EC. This goes double for those who are in the market for Stinging Wort potions, which I am guessing is the main hurdle not found in Thurg. But all the guilds who use/require them keep Permafrost/Everfrost giants... perma-camped (:D) anyways.

Kohedron 10-08-2021 10:34 AM

And then he said "muh classic"