Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bards solo. What is possible? (/forums/showthread.php?t=401824)

Toxigen 11-30-2023 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjchanter (Post 3663921)
Do you only play in zones where you can selos to a zone line or something

Enchanter so much better at living than a bard

yeah...gate alone not to mention the whole kit lol

chevy79bu 12-06-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjchanter (Post 3663921)
Do you only play in zones where you can selos to a zone line or something

Enchanter so much better at living than a bard

No, I have been playing in skyshrine, KC basement, and HS mostly lately. It's just my personal feel lol. I even said I know enchanter are technically stronger. Just for me bard feels the best. I have many more hours logged on a bard. I'm on my 3rd level 60 bard now lol. So my timing is really good and just overall better flow during solo encounters.

enjchanter 12-06-2023 11:44 AM

Okay you can selos in 2/3 of the zones you just listed so

chevy79bu 12-08-2023 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjchanter (Post 3664922)
Okay you can selos in 2/3 of the zones you just listed so

Lol ok ok ok your right I'm wrong the world is all good now! Thing is your assuming Selos Acceleration when in reality that's hardly ever even on my bar while I'm in those zones. Selos Assonant Strane however...why kill 2 mobs at a time like an enchanter when I can be a bard and kill the entire surrounding area?

Toxigen 12-08-2023 01:53 PM

because summoning merbs

Troxx 12-12-2023 09:07 PM

I got bored trying to trophy kill anything on my bard at 60. On any mob that game mechanics allows to be 'solo-able', it doesn't take extraordinary skill ... just extraordinary time and much of it can be done in scrub level gear.

I have no interest in spending 20-45 minutes or more slowly killing something just to say "I did it!".

busted 12-12-2023 09:40 PM

I don't think you are barding right Troxx...

Here is Tranix dead in 7min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNfDQ4cQ9w and many more sub 10min kills https://www.youtube.com/@melatuninth...oso3659/videos

Summoning mobs are soloable by bards and you don't need selos to achieve greatness!

Believe in yourself.

Toxigen 12-13-2023 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by busted (Post 3666076)
I don't think you are barding right Troxx...

Here is Tranix dead in 7min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNfDQ4cQ9w and many more sub 10min kills https://www.youtube.com/@melatuninth...oso3659/videos

Summoning mobs are soloable by bards and you don't need selos to achieve greatness!

Believe in yourself.

lol hooray full bis BoTB bard can kill Tranix in ultra late velious

bro Eratani was doing this on a druid years ago

lmao

Bards are groupers, raiders, and plvlers...not solo artists.

fortior 12-13-2023 11:50 AM

it's cool to push classes to the limit instead of using an ench to do everything

busted 12-13-2023 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3666147)
lol hooray full bis BoTB bard can kill Tranix in ultra late velious
Bards are groupers, raiders, and plvlers...not solo artists.

You indeed need solid gear on a bard to do a lot of this stuff safely. Melatunin isn't full BiS though. No ring 10. That would make it even easier.

I do similar things on my bard but am missing VP lute from silverwing for an easy +7 regen vs lute of howler.

The fact that bards can regen ALOT makes them able to be a solo artist.

Hymn of Restoration (13 base) (32.5 w/ vp lute)
Niv's Melody of Preservation (9 base) (22.5 w/ vp lute)
Fungi (15 worn)
Ring 10 (10)

That is 80hp regen a tick. (32.5+22.5+15+10 = 80). This turns your bards ~3k hp into much more when you are getting 800hp back a minute.

Melatunin in these videos is getting 70 (no ring 10)

If you add to this some BiS weapons that lifetap/rune.... you are talking about a beefy battle bard.

(out-of-battle regen is even higher with singing steel BP clicks + songs.)

No one is arguing bard is better soloer than enc/shm. Enc is easier (charm, haste pet, hope no break, kill thing). Enc also needs less gear but you die much more with crit lull fails/charm breaks/stun resists etc. But because enc is easier and you need less gear I'd say it's less impressive of a feat. (still cool but not as much). If bard charm was capped at 55 and not 51 there would be much less of a gap between enc/bard.

Bard is more clicks for killing anything due to the nature of songs lasting 18 seconds. But you essentially know when a charm break will happen and can time re-charms nicely (once you get a feel for the class)