Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Error 1018 - Active character (/forums/showthread.php?t=93949)

kadsion 01-15-2013 03:43 PM

my toon has been stuck ingame for over 24 hours now, there should be someone who can take ownership of this issue and get it resolved yes?

Resheph 01-15-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamzal Sherbet (Post 809589)
This is my theory but I have no way to confirm... Maybe both accounts need to be exempted, but the exemption was only applied to one?

This sounds like it's the issue. If you log in first, then your wife, if Bazmal is correct it should work I would think.

enr4ged 01-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ephi (Post 813981)
We have no power to fix this currently as CSR reps. I've tried multiple things in-game to see if I could boot people off who are experiencing the problem, but nothing has been successful.

So please don't petition for it ;)

I think we all realize that you GMs can do nothing about it yourselves. We're just looking for one of you to get a hold of someone who can fix the issue at its source.

enr4ged 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resheph (Post 814023)
This sounds like it's the issue. If you log in first, then your wife, if Bazmal is correct it should work I would think.

I don't think that's the problem because my friend was having this same thing and was playing by himself with no other people or ip exemptions. I even tried to login on his account and it gave me the error, halfway around the country.

Elissa 01-16-2013 12:02 AM

Been locked out for over 6 hours now, no other accounts have been logged on. This sucks.

ramul 01-16-2013 09:50 AM

If it's any consolation, this happened to one of my accounts that I made to level and alt on. It was doing this for 24 hours, and it seemed to only be that account. I re-made the same character on a different account and haven't been on the non-working one since. The only fix so far is to stop using the account, seeing as EQEmu and P99 staff don't know a fix to this bug.

Yapas 01-16-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ephi (Post 813981)
We have no power to fix this currently as CSR reps. I've tried multiple things in-game to see if I could boot people off who are experiencing the problem, but nothing has been successful.

So please don't petition for it ;)

Following Ephin's message, I got this issue that concern only & always 1 account (I have 3) and asked couple time GM to help me. I confirm that they cannot do nothing actually even their kindness :)

Imo I think a server reboot will resolve this issue but ofc I am not sure :)

Be patient they will find a solution asap !

Swish 01-16-2013 12:07 PM

I came across someone last night having the same problem, stuck on a Lvl 1 alt bored to tears waiting for something magical to happen so they could go back to their main account.

Has anyone tried creating a static IP address? (you can tinker with your router settings by going to 192.168.1.1)...its a total shot in the dark however :p

Bamzal Sherbet 01-16-2013 01:23 PM

from what I gather, some accounts get locked-into the game indefintetly. And it has nothing to do with multiple accounts, IP exemptions, etc. It seems like the server decides to NOT unload your character/release it from game.

I knwo that error message happens when you get DC or try to switch accounts too fast, and you gotta try in like 5 minutes.

I have never experienced this issue on any of my accounts for longer than 5 minutes. I use LServer accounts that were created in 2003 and also some created a month ago. So that doesn't have an affect.

@swish: assigning static IP addresses instead of DHCP addresses from your router will have no affect on this issue

Clark 01-16-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamzal Sherbet (Post 815040)
from what I gather, some accounts get locked-into the game indefintetly. And it has nothing to do with multiple accounts, IP exemptions, etc. It seems like the server decides to NOT unload your character/release it from game.

I knwo that error message happens when you get DC or try to switch accounts too fast, and you gotta try in like 5 minutes.

I have never experienced this issue on any of my accounts for longer than 5 minutes. I use LServer accounts that were created in 2003 and also some created a month ago. So that doesn't have an affect.

@swish: assigning static IP addresses instead of DHCP addresses from your router will have no affect on this issue

same here nothing over 5-6minutes