Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Vehicle Shopping/Buying (/forums/showthread.php?t=428027)

strongNpretty 02-23-2024 11:32 AM

Come and buy my 2007 Acura TL Type S. Trying to sell it now.

skulldudes 02-23-2024 12:50 PM

when i bought my car new they were asking about my work history and when i mentioned that i sold cars for a short stint prior to my current job the grimace i got from the guy was priceless

every time they "take the figure back to their boss to see what they can do" they're just going into the office and shooting the shit, seeing how long they can string you along knocking off a couple bucks on monthlies, lol. you gotta be cold-hearted on them vultures.

Toxigen 02-23-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skulldudes (Post 3675838)
when i bought my car new they were asking about my work history and when i mentioned that i sold cars for a short stint prior to my current job the grimace i got from the guy was priceless

every time they "take the figure back to their boss to see what they can do" they're just going into the office and shooting the shit, seeing how long they can string you along knocking off a couple bucks on monthlies, lol. you gotta be cold-hearted on them vultures.

yeah...and you just walk away and they'll call you in an hour with a new price lol

booter 02-23-2024 02:26 PM

i knew what i wanted (exact trim/options) and i knew the price i'd be willing to pay out-the-door. i emailed and called like 10 dealerships near me asking for their best OTD price until one worked.

of course when i got there and they sent me to the final paperwork guy they tried adding on warranties etc. but i just politely declined and got my car for exactly how much i wanted it. was only there for 90 minutes or so.

Patriam1066 02-26-2024 09:49 PM

New Toyota landcruiser or Lexus GX seem fairly offroad capable. Might check them out as I hate jeeps. I’ll probably just get a new Tacoma or tundra though. My current tundra has 220,000 miles on it and still runs fine but it might be time for something new

Toxigen 02-27-2024 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriam1066 (Post 3676430)
New Toyota landcruiser or Lexus GX seem fairly offroad capable. Might check them out as I hate jeeps. I’ll probably just get a new Tacoma or tundra though. My current tundra has 220,000 miles on it and still runs fine but it might be time for something new

the brand new Yota trucks look so nice

my cousin just bought a new Capstone and hes been a GM and Ford guy for 30 years...thing is sick

if you dont actually need the full size they updated the looks on the tacomas too, very nice

Patriam1066 02-27-2024 08:54 PM

I love the new Tacoma. I’m definitely thinking about it

Issue is, I have 4 billion grandkids and I’m being forced to retire in Colorado to help with them. Not sure if a Tacoma is big enough in terms of seating, or the tundra for that matter

I do tow a large camper but I’m probably going to sell it and get something smaller, so I think either the Tacoma or Land Cruiser would be fine from that standpoint. I don’t want to go as big as a sequoia but it’s possible. I also don’t like how it looks

Patriam1066 02-27-2024 08:55 PM

Yeah, the capstone is nice as fuck. Plus I bet it’ll last 250k miles

Evia 02-27-2024 10:27 PM

I went down the Toyota off road rabbit hole and have now been strongly considering picking up a 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser. I LOVE the look of them, they seem to be bullet proof, and I can get one under 100k miles in my price range.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Evia 03-24-2024 05:49 PM

I ended up buying a CPO 2024 Subaru Outback Premium in Cosmic Blue with Black cloth interior with all the options I wanted (navigation, RAB, auto dim mirrors, mud flaps) with only 2700 miles and couldn't be happier! Thanks for all the advice and suggestions!