Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity with Illusion? (/forums/showthread.php?t=364845)

Jimjam 08-11-2020 04:32 AM

A lot of AoN owners on live used to talk about how it made you immune to stun. I think they were just talking up the item due to it’s exclusivity and making it sound better than it really was.

Someone actually gifted me one on the test server. When I get my gaming rig back maybe I’ll patch in and see if it gives any extra stun resist on the modern test server using a 0AA toon.

Xulia 08-11-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius (Post 3167728)
As an iksar shaman I can at least use Gate or use expensive potions to move around Norrath, but any iksar melee will really have a hard time sellibg/ buying stuff

If you want to Feign, Go get your Sky ring!

But you don't need to Feign in order to sell.

Need to sell in Velious? Othmir merchants in CS, super close to a druid ring Confirmed non-KoS to all Iksar.
Need to sell in Antonica? Druid merchants at rings are non-KOS to anyone. Confirmed on multiple Iksar toons, but usually have some chud next to them with a bee in their bonnet.
Coin too heavy? Buy gems, eat the loss, continue to enjoy your natural regen + higher AC + ability to swim faster than a 30lb house cat.

Circlet of Shadow (Optional-ish?) + Death Peace, IKS SHD/NEC can bank anywhere.

Sneak + Flop, IKS MNK can bank anywhere.

As an IKS SHM you really only need the Feign Ring to be able to Bank anywhere unless you acknowledge the obvious:
Crystal Caverns has a banker that will deal with anyone and that's another reason why it's the best zone in any game ever made.

Chubbinz 08-11-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3168492)
A lot of AoN owners on live used to talk about how it made you immune to stun. I think they were just talking up the item due to it’s exclusivity and making it sound better than it really was.

Someone actually gifted me one on the test server. When I get my gaming rig back maybe I’ll patch in and see if it gives any extra stun resist on the modern test server using a 0AA toon.

It doesn't. I have had one on live since somewhere around late Kunark and it didn't give stun immunity then, and doesn't now. Considering how old the game is I wouldn't be shocked if a patch broke that at some point but that would have been very short-lived situation if it ever did happen.

reznor_ 08-11-2020 04:05 PM

Did not read thread. On green however, FSI works with DE mask for me. It's baller. I just wish I could "SLAM" in DE form. DE master race. DE forever. DE. DE.

reznor_ 08-11-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xulia (Post 3168535)
Crystal Caverns has a banker that will deal with anyone and that's another reason why it's the best zone in any game ever made.

I never knew this. Awesome!