Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Spells message wear off not working (/forums/showthread.php?t=410925)

iplayeq 11-29-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatChapp (Post 3536977)
I take it you don't play an enchanter, we keep mobs root in the hope that on a charm break we only have one interrupting our spells.
Sometimes a 3min root breaks after one or two ticks and now we have no idea. It isn't terrible but certainly increases the death rate

I have an enchanter and I went from lv 50 - 55 since the patch and it hasn't been a big deal. I died once but that was because work called me. Just pay attention and root often.

Snaggles 11-29-2022 08:05 PM

It's most annoying with dots, but you can count the seconds or simply cycle them. Sham epic = about 2 banes. Roots, charms, and other stuff like that I don't get the complaint. Give yourself distance and pay attention.

Cars have all sorts of gauges and warning lights on the dash but if you dont spend most your time looking out the windshield you will end up in a tree.

PatChapp 11-30-2022 09:19 AM

Dots are the least annoying, just use Gina triggers

cd288 12-02-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3538921)
It's most annoying with dots, but you can count the seconds or simply cycle them. Sham epic = about 2 banes. Roots, charms, and other stuff like that I don't get the complaint. Give yourself distance and pay attention.

Cars have all sorts of gauges and warning lights on the dash but if you dont spend most your time looking out the windshield you will end up in a tree.

Well with Charm it's not an issue because it's visually obvious when charm wears off. It's the root that's the annoying one. because your root can break without you knowing, and then Charm breaks and you have two mobs running at you instead of one.

This is survivable of course via a combo of rune and stun spells (unless you're fighting mobs that are immune to stun), but it can definitely cause you to die lol. Especially considering that at high levels many of the places you would be charming you don't have the ability to "give yourself space" as you say one should.

Really overall for any class except Enchanter this isn't really that big of an issue. It's enchanter charm soloing where it can present a potential problem.

Thundarr 12-08-2022 01:00 PM

I'm a little relieved that this a bug. I thought I had inadvertently hit some kind of shortcut to turn off notifications and have been trying to fix it for a week. Regardless of how much or how little it affects each person's play or style, this is an issue that hopefully is being worked on.

bwisenhart 12-08-2022 04:01 PM

Enchanter Charm Roots

Not knowing when root breaks while charm killing is a pretty big problem. Honestly, don't really understand why that change in the patch can't just be reverted. Not to be a Debbie downer but last oops I ran into like this was the dot immolate that didn't work at all due to a patch. That one took over a year to fix and gutted the mid leveling of all druids removing root rot as a viable kill strategy. Can we please just revert patch part pls. Thanks for the hard work.

Ranarius 12-16-2022 03:44 AM

Oh, I see this is an issue for everyone lol. I was all excited that the druid immolate spell got fixed so I logged back in to play after 6 or so months off to find that my spell wear off messages were broken. Just spent 2 hours trying to fix it, hahaha. My bad.

Seliant 12-21-2022 09:53 PM

tss

they piss off the DN swarm in 3 days but this bug is taking too long to fix, will it be fixd?