Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   A tale of 2 sowers (/forums/showthread.php?t=341647)

BlackBellamy 11-19-2019 09:03 PM

As an unrest shaman, I would spend that mana on literally anything else other than sow. Cleric need AGI? Np.

kaluppo 11-19-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiQuid (Post 3029803)
As someone that recently replayed those levels, let me tell you at that level SoW literally takes 20% of a shamans mana bar (at least it did for Ogre, which I assume your shm was cuz it's the only proper choice for a shaman). I was one of those "assholes" that refused to sow noobs when I hit level 9 on green because every time I entered a zone I got more /tell requests for SoW than I had mana bar to cast them, which would have been 10 minutes of just sitting to get it back.

The reason your druid was likely able to sow your team is because druids are useless and have no other helpful spells. Sowing everyone is their only duty to a group. Shaman got other things to use their mana on.

I hope I cleared up your issue

Druids can heal, snare mobs, root adds, Harmony pull outdoor zones, str buff, skin buff (HP+AC), DS tank for extra damage, Dot if mobs die slow or nuke if mobs die fast. In outdoor groups Druids can charm animals to do extra DPS for group.

All that can be done at lower levels. At higher levels you can add port, wolf form, regen and eventually the all sought after PotG for the sweet mana regen.

So the only thing useless is your lack of understanding the Druid class. I hope I have cleared up your issue ;)

DMN 11-19-2019 09:34 PM

Druids easily better than shaman 1-34. in vanilla, frankly. The damage efficiency of the damage shield is huge and the both heal the same. And being able to snare and root is much better than only root, which again will save a lot of mana if the mobs being pulled one by one and are not immune to "flee". Oh and we did we forget harmony? Mistmoore, unreast, CT all outdoor zones.

kaluppo 11-19-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3030288)
Druids easily better than shaman 1-34. in vanilla, frankly. The damage efficiency of the damage shield is huge and the both heal the same. And being able to snare and root is much better than only root, which again will save a lot of mana if the mobs being pulled one by one and are not immune to "flee". Oh and we did we forget harmony? Mistmoore, unreast, CT all outdoor zones.

Agreed! Not to mention that druids can interrupt casting mobs with whirling wind which can be huge for preventing mobs from healing themselves. And having cure poison, cure disease on hand as well as the ability to track, summon food, summon water.

The versatility of the Druid class is awesome.

Videri 11-19-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3030229)
That's fair, but people learn from mistakes like that, right? Right?

I don’t think there’s built-in feedback on that particular mistake. You cast a spell you think you’re suppsoed to cast, a mob dies and you get exp, you’re out of mana. I think most just rinse and repeat unless someone offers a suggestion or critique.

LiQuid 11-20-2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaluppo (Post 3030254)
Druids can heal, snare mobs, root adds, Harmony pull outdoor zones, str buff, skin buff (HP+AC), DS tank for extra damage, Dot if mobs die slow or nuke if mobs die fast. In outdoor groups Druids can charm animals to do extra DPS for group.

All that can be done at lower levels. At higher levels you can add port, wolf form, regen and eventually the all sought after PotG for the sweet mana regen.

So the only thing useless is your lack of understanding the Druid class. I hope I have cleared up your issue ;)

Enjoy your time in Dial a Port! 50p for a ride to CS ok? :p

DMN 11-20-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiQuid (Post 3030616)
Enjoy your time in Dial a Port! 50p for a ride to CS ok? :p

holy shit go back to blue. These aren't the shamans you are looking for. come back in a year act like you are something special.

DMN 11-20-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3030652)
holy shit go back to blue. These aren't the shamans you are looking for. come back in a year to act like you are something special.

Mead 11-20-2019 08:06 AM

I would keep sow up on you no matter what the cost

Vote for me

Cecily 11-20-2019 08:26 AM

Back my day, if we wanted to sow strangers we literally fought hundreds of dragons and neckbeards through tunnels of lava, and we were thankful for the opportunity.