Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   The easiest and simplest class to play? (/forums/showthread.php?t=355501)

ChooChoo Train 04-14-2020 06:32 PM

Being a mediocre bard, get to lvl 6 and afk regen song in groups til lvl 32 then replace with manasong.

Gustoo 04-14-2020 06:54 PM

All easy choose what you feel most fun and favorite starting town.

Enchanter sux low level. druid kinda sux low level. Both become highly enjoyable solo classes later on.

everything else pretty good all the time.

Izmael 04-14-2020 08:01 PM

To whoever said "split pulling is hard" etc: the OP didn't ask "what class has no complexity to it".

The OP asked what is simple and easy to play for a newbie. That's very different.

For example, rogue is incredibly straightforward, yet not easy to play for a newbie. Getting any kind of aggro from a mob you can't solo kill right there means your only hope to survive is to reach a zone line. In most dungeons it means you will die and will need to CR - not very newbie friendly.

Monk is simple (few abilities, no spells), and easy (FD, mend).
Druid is pretty newbie-friendly, too. Nice friendly spells and all.
Mage is good. Have the pet fight for you.

I think all the other classes are less newbie-friendly than these 3.

magnetaress 04-14-2020 08:10 PM

Arguably by those metrics paladins are pretty resiliant and they get lull, heal, root, and every class can buy invis and ivu pots as well as sow pots. Fundamental EQ stuff right there.

turbosilk 04-14-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pivo (Post 3111340)
I will play mostly solo. Very slow inexperienced player, less button I need to click, better. :D

Would Magician fit the role? Which pet, water? Or any other class?

Also is there somewhere link to FAQ?

Any Linux player here? What did you use for setup, Lutris?

Obviously rogue. Requires the least skill to play. Click backstab once every 6 seconds.

Picked 04-14-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pivo (Post 3111340)
I will play mostly solo. Very slow inexperienced player, less button I need to click, better. :D

Would Magician fit the role? Which pet, water? Or any other class?

Also is there somewhere link to FAQ?

Any Linux player here? What did you use for setup, Lutris?

Sounds like a Wizard is right up your alley. Or a Magician. Wizards are nice and relaxing to play. Just don't AFK and leach exp we already have a bad enough stigma lol

Jimjam 04-15-2020 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain (Post 3111677)
few Wizards understand how to optimize their CC and dps.

but nobody expects wizards to utilise their CC.

They aren’t even really expected to use their interrupt or duration stuns. Nor rooting the main tanks target to help control aggro.

All people expect is you dump your mana into nukes every quarter of an hour and then go back to work / netflix / playing with the baby / chores.

I think meeting social expectations is something to consider when arguing the easiest class to play.

Natewest1987 04-15-2020 03:18 AM

Of all the suggestions, I’d say the rogue might be the simplest one that I saw mentioned. No idea why anyone would recommend to you a necro or Druid. Their skill sets have way too much variety in the type of spells they’re able to cast. Those two classes rely heavily on experience to get the most of them.

I would honestly recommend cleric, though, as the most complex decision you’ll have to make is knowing which heal to use. Once you start talking about druids and necro then there are so many options and the best choice for what to do when, won’t always be apparent. For instance, if you cast a dot that takes 2 mins to do its damage but the mob dies way before that, and quadding? For a newbie? Lol

Ivory 04-15-2020 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetaress (Post 3111452)
The easiest and simplest class (and this is not a dig at OP) I belive wiz is the basicly best answer... the easiest class is begger

1. roll any character
2. bank gear
3. ....
4. click beg on any npc
5. profit

*4a. pick a newbie zone
*4b. run back after dying and loot your coins
*4c. beg from lvl 1 mobs and run to guards for assistance

you can afk at all lvl 1 newbie guards, you will probaby make 1 plat per hour diong this, you dont have to be at the computer full time and can safely afk near newbie guards for extended periods of time, eventually before you know it you will have 100kplat and be able to buy a power lvl to 50

I bet a fisherman would make more moneys. Beg to get enough for a sturdy rod and some bait....

UNLESS you are a druid / ranger! Then you can forage your own bait and food and water to save money! Even sell some of that extra foraged foods.

Boom, fish, berries, veggies....that's some good moneys. You probably start making 1pp every 10 minutes with good fishing (and fishing isn't capped by level, so you can be a master fisher early).

turbosilk 04-15-2020 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3111881)
but nobody expects wizards to utilise their CC.

They aren’t even really expected to use their interrupt or duration stuns. Nor rooting the main tanks target to help control aggro.

All people expect is you dump your mana into nukes every quarter of an hour and then go back to work / netflix / playing with the baby / chores.

I think meeting social expectations is something to consider when arguing the easiest class to play.

Just because some people think this doesn't make it true. Rogue by far is the least skill class. Monk would be next. A low skill player playing a wizard is the same results as a high skill player playing a rogue, just mindless dps. A high skill player on a wizard brings a lot more to the group than dps.

And for the next at least 2 years mage and wiz are god mode dps in raid bosses.