Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Servers Rant (/forums/showthread.php?t=344057)

kjs86z 12-13-2019 10:15 AM

Blue has never been better for me.

I was never a fan of the tunnel so the pop drop hasn't affected me at all in that way.

Only thing I've seen are a way higher concentration of pleasant, helpful people and a lot more open camps for the taking.

Green/Teal has been a blessing for us that are perfectly happy with Blue.

Danth 12-13-2019 10:16 AM

Blue's essentially EQ-MAC now. It isn't going to get back to its historic highs, but it can continue for a long time at its new normal.

Danth

Troxx 12-13-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthlol (Post 3048330)
Hordes of players will be back on blue once they hit 50 and the legacy items are removed. End game in vanilla EQ is really boring.

Or when more of the population hits 42-45 and realize that now there’s 1000 people in line for limited xp and cash camps in the few high end zones that support that level of play.

Green/teal will be very frustrating in the final months before Kunark launch. After kunark release there will at least be enough higher end content to support the size of the playerbase without 3-4 hour lfgs to get into a group with too few mobs to be efficient.

As bad as the xp squabbles are presently ... imagine 800-1000+ people trying to eek out experience in solb and lguk at the same time.

Tilien 12-13-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 3050154)
Or when more of the population hits 42-45 and realize that now there’s 1000 people in line for limited xp and cash camps in the few high end zones that support that level of play.

Green/teal will be very frustrating in the final months before Kunark launch. After kunark release there will at least be enough higher end content to support the size of the playerbase without 3-4 hour lfgs to get into a group with too few mobs to be efficient.

As bad as the xp squabbles are presently ... imagine 800-1000+ people trying to eek out experience in solb and lguk at the same time.

I think the thing is many players on Green/Teal came from outside P99, only played on Blue briefly, or have long since forgotten their Blue characters and won't return.

Green has seen week over week peak population decline since early November (~1400 to ~1000), and Teal's population has been declining week over week since mid November (~1000 to ~850). Sure this isn't hordes of people leaving, but it is a few hundred drop in peak population. Blue's peak population has not seen a rise because of this, staying steady in the 500-600 range over the same time.

More likely people will get frustrated and quit p99 altogether than rejoin on Blue, except for those who have mid level or higher toons on Blue already.

Synthlol 12-14-2019 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 3050154)

Oh I know. In this era on blue I was usually in kithicor from 45-50 on my cleric using my manastone to solo undead mobs rather than fighting for a spot in group. And we had half the numbers that are on green.

That's a big reason I have zero interest in a fresh server.

ZiggyTheMuss 12-14-2019 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjs86z (Post 3050148)
I was never a fan of the tunnel so the pop drop hasn't affected me at all in that way.

I wonder how Boutik is doing. Imagine flipping pixels for years in the tunnel only to end up being a rich elf in a graveyard.

Hibbs 12-14-2019 02:56 AM

After the first server wipe I'm sure a lot of people will go back to blue. I dunno if the novelty of "fresh" will carry green over and over.

/shrug

Littul Jonn 12-14-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibbs (Post 3050610)
After the first server wipe I'm sure a lot of people will go back to blue. I dunno if the novelty of "fresh" will carry green over and over.

/shrug

Nobody is going back to blue.

Lhord99 12-14-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littul Jonn (Post 3050736)
Nobody is going back to blue.

Certainly SOME will go back to blue - they already have.

Bazia 12-14-2019 01:11 PM

right now green has 700 teal has 600 and blue has 300

yikes