Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Playing a Wizard in a group (/forums/showthread.php?t=430491)

Toxigen 05-22-2024 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhold (Post 3685334)
In a game of endless lives, dying is living.

Playing it 100% safe is boring.

amen

Vexenu 05-22-2024 10:55 PM

The entire point of playing a Wizard is to not ever group except for raids and porting people, and then only grudgingly. Never allow your levitate to drop and sully your wizardly boots on the soil. Spam your flux staff on people to annoy them. Drop Sunstrikes liberally and one-shot random low level mobs for the hell of it. Quad for all XP. Spend 90% of your in-game time AFK. Treat others players with utter disdain for playing classes that actually require time and effort.

magnetaress 05-22-2024 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhold (Post 3685334)
In a game of endless lives, dying is living.

Playing it 100% safe is boring.

Running back to corpse isn't as fun and interrupts the endless stream of dopa(mine) messages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexenu (Post 3685455)
The entire point of playing a Wizard is to not ever group except for raids and porting people, and then only grudgingly. Never allow your levitate to drop and sully your wizardly boots on the soil. Spam your flux staff on people to annoy them. Drop Sunstrikes liberally and one-shot random low level mobs for the hell of it. Quad for all XP. Spend 90% of your in-game time AFK. Treat others players with utter disdain for playing classes that actually require time and effort.

I do agree with all that.

spoil 05-23-2024 07:05 PM

Just be mindful of the enchanter who has to CC all those mobs, deal with a pet and keep you monkeys buffed. I spent a few nights in KC on my main and then asked myself why am I carrying these groups for no exp and no loot.

Swish 05-29-2024 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3681647)
Pretty much everything here is the main good advice. Keep mana in a good place so that you are of use. Your DPS isn't good so don't worry about it. Make the fast damage count. Use your utility to keep the team strong and healthy. Don't die.

Don't overnuke mobs knowing you're probably 5-10% of the mob's health over the top of what's needed.

Don't nuke fleeing mobs.

In the absence of decent CC, stun a mob at the back of a pack when there's an overpull and root it either in place or at your feet when it's entered the camp where you want it.

Above all... don't be a netflix wizard that's barely paying attention.

Jimjam 05-30-2024 05:01 AM

Root 5 mobs in a ring around the edges of camp. Stand in the center of the ring outside their melee range and use your pbaoe to hit all of them at once. You’ll probably only break one root per cast which is fine (: