Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Freedom From Atheism Foundation (/forums/showthread.php?t=151357)

DeruIsLove 07-21-2014 08:25 PM

And then there's the ones who keep trying to shove their belief systems where they absolutely don't being.

http://www.youtube/4LC6D7KsEvk

This country was founded on keeping exactly that kind of thing out of government. How is it that people like her are continually leading one of the major parties of the nation?

Pokesan 07-21-2014 08:32 PM

can we agree that being an agnostic is akin to being a coward?

too much of a pussy to make a goddamn decision

DeruIsLove 07-21-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 1543687)
can we agree that being an agnostic is akin to being a coward?

too much of a pussy to make a goddamn decision

Not knowing and admitting that you don't/can't know is cowardly? :rolleyes:

Pokesan 07-21-2014 08:37 PM

refusing to make a meaningless decision is cowardly

Danyelle 07-21-2014 08:42 PM

Atheists are silly anyway. Everyone knows Luclin, the god of shadows, is the only true god in any reality. Anyone who doesn't worship her is pretty ridiculous.

I frequently perform sacrifices of rats, bats, and giant beetles to the moon goddess, hoping that one day we'll venture there.

DeruIsLove 07-21-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 1543696)
refusing to make a meaningless decision is cowardly

One day I hope society progresses enough where making such a decision is actually meaningless.

Pokesan 07-21-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeruIsLove (Post 1543712)
One day I hope society progresses enough where making such a decision is actually meaningless.

is it brave to be an atheist?

DeruIsLove 07-21-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 1543718)
is it brave to be an atheist?

I have family members that don't talk to me over it. I've known people who have had their cars vandalised for having a Darwin amphibian or a science rocket on them. I've been kicked out of class in High School for not saying "under god" several times and preemptively prevented from attending assemblies because of my lack of a faith.

That's just a couple of minor things off hand.

DeruIsLove 07-21-2014 08:57 PM

I should note that I live in the most liberal state in the union and went to public school and still had to deal with that. What happens down south makes me rage just thinking about it.

Pokesan 07-21-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeruIsLove (Post 1543723)
I have family members that don't talk to me over it. I've known people who have had their cars vandalised for having a Darwin amphibian or a science rocket on them. I've been kicked out of class in High School for not saying "under god" several times and preemptively prevented from attending assemblies because of my lack of a faith.

That's just a couple of minor things off hand.

do you feel persecuted for your atheism? do you think atheists as a group are being persecuted in america?

i'm dreadfully uninformed about the persecution of atheists - is any of it lion based?

that would be awful!