Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Mages are up shit’s creek I guess (/forums/showthread.php?t=338502)

Obrae 11-06-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3015861)
There is a level 40 mage already
What the problem is ;)

This have nothing to do with the thread but its a nice kindergarden reasonning, i bet you are proud.

Also EQ easiest game of all time, just a long grind. So what it special to get 40 or 50 ?

Palemoon 11-06-2019 08:19 PM

This is the first server in 19 years where mages have not utterly and totally swarmed the classic content like locust.

Glad to see the original intent to slow down a overpowered class until the other classes got out of rags and became more relevant is working here.

Obrae 11-06-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palemoon (Post 3016424)
This is the first server in 19 years where mages have not utterly and totally swarmed the classic content like locust.

Glad to see the original intent to slow down a overpowered class until the other classes got out of rags and became more relevant is working here.

Youre mistaking enchanters for mages

oldhead 11-07-2019 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palemoon (Post 3016424)

Hooey, What servers have you been on?

Baler 11-07-2019 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obrae (Post 3016390)
This have nothing to do with the thread but its a nice kindergarden reasonning, i bet you are proud.

Also EQ easiest game of all time, just a long grind. So what it special to get 40 or 50 ?

I don't think you've been following along with people making threads about mages. Pre-green or post-green.

The "mages were horrible in classic" thread and the title of this thread you posted in "Mages are up shit’s creek I guess"

My point is and has always been that mages aren't terrible and are one of the fastest leveling classes. Not sure why you think that's kindergarden logic. I get it you don't like my posts or my style but jeez. lighten up.

*cheers* first 50 be a mage! you can do it!

derpcake2 11-07-2019 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obrae (Post 3016390)

Best stop replying to Baler, he is either trolling or doesn't understand the problem, and its not going to help anyway.

I made 5 on my ENCH yesterday, going to be a quick and comfortable ride. Level one pet with a rusty 2H hits for 18, talk about OP.

Dolalin 11-07-2019 03:08 AM

I PM'd Nilbog a few days ago about mage research. He previously expressed a keen interest in making sure these spells were available so I'm about 100% sure he's just been busy with work and will fix it when able.

Everyone looking for a conspiracy by staff here is going a little crazy I think, calm down.

Baler 11-07-2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derpcake2 (Post 3016682)
Best stop replying to Baler, he is either trolling or doesn't understand the problem, and its not going to help anyway.

I am not trolling and I understand what's going on with mages.
I just choose to point out there are several mages in their 30s and 40s already. The problem has not slowed them down.

It seems like anytime I disagree with the bandwagon of complaint I'm called a troll.. so I'll leave this for you.
If you're having mage problems I feel bad for you son
I got ninety nine problems but a pet ain't one

Obrae 11-07-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3016671)
I don't think you've been following along with people making threads about mages. Pre-green or post-green.

The "mages were horrible in classic" thread and the title of this thread you posted in "Mages are up shit’s creek I guess"

My point is and has always been that mages aren't terrible and are one of the fastest leveling classes. Not sure why you think that's kindergarden logic. I get it you don't like my posts or my style but jeez. lighten up.

*cheers* first 50 be a mage! you can do it!

Just tired of having people going out of their way to keep mages broken while they don’t even understand whats going on really. Their argument ? Classic. There is nothing classic about it. It’s like asking for 14-16 hours of downtime a dsy for the first couple week saying it is classic. The. These same person not playing mages are asking QoL that touch them on other threads.

Magician is a great and fun class, far from OP they have their strenght and wesknesses like all class. You have all played on blue, they do as great a job a dps as manynother classes, many will best them for the majority of green existence.

Obrae 11-07-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3016698)
I am not trolling and I understand what's going on with mages.
I just choose to point out there are several mages in their 30s and 40s already. The problem has not slowed them down.

It seems like anytime I disagree with the bandwagon of complaint I'm called a troll.. so I'll leave this for you.
If you're having mage problems I feel bad for you son
I got ninety nine problems but a pet ain't one

Yeah we will start to face the real problem at 34 +.

It’s not we arent working hard, tonight is a scary night ill try a 34 combine.
The last pet available atm. I can only try once, dont have the materials for another chain of combine if it fails. 30 % chance of fail.

I am a lucky mage, i have people helping me. But now closing on 40, we wont really find lower materials so it will get pretty tough starting new chains and more low mages will also need those mats. And higher materials will be just as rare i am sure.

But in any case 39 pets are not and never been available on classic through research purely