Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Of Race and Religion (/forums/showthread.php?t=342744)

Mankong 11-28-2019 08:13 PM

Of Race and Religion

Hello. I’m kind of curious about religion, the matter of such being which race’s religion is best for them? Besides Agnosticism. For example, is Quellious better for an Erudite Paladin to worship than Prexus faction and item wise, or is it the other way around? Innoruuk or Bertoxxulous for a Human Cleric when it comes to evil worship? How about Rallos Zek for the odd warrior?

zodium 11-28-2019 08:24 PM

halflings are the best race, and Bristlebane is the best god

jacob54311 11-28-2019 08:31 PM

I always thought the agnostic option was pretty ridiculous in a world where magic is a veritably real thing.

Mankong 11-28-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodium (Post 3038654)

That’s well and good, but I was meaning the best religion for each race and class

Clinicus 11-28-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacob54311 (Post 3038661)
I always thought the agnostic option was pretty ridiculous in a world where magic is a veritably real thing.

"Dude, you literally killed a god. You're wearing their loot!"

Agnostic: "Hmmmmm, I still don't know"

Evia 11-28-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinicus (Post 3038669)

I take it like agnostics acknowledge the existence of these Gods, just aren't sure about committing to worshiping them.

Fammaden 11-29-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mankong (Post 3038668)
That’s well and good, but I was meaning the best religion for each race and class

This information is available under every classes wiki page. Many of them have no real best choice, some will have deity based items of various usefulness mentioned.

Often agnostic is your best bet because religions just mess up your factions. I tend to pick one anyway because its more "fun" to have an affiliation. Chanters are supposed to go agnostic under all circumstances to make illusions and faction spells more useful.

Cen 11-29-2019 12:08 AM

There is a tier of religions where if you can worship it, its probably the best. Here is the way it works

Veeshan >Solusek >Bristlebane = Rallos = Brell = Agnostic > Tunare = Innoruuk > Other Good > Other Evil

For the most part, Veeshan and Solusek are like Agnostic but with benefits. Bristlebane is like Agnostic but not with a whole lot of benefits. Rallos is close to agnostic but slightly more evil usually has cool armor. Tunare and Inny get many great items. Brell/Veeshan/Rallos/Tunare give special access to non KOS in some places.

It looks a little goofy to tier it that way, but only bards can worship Veeshan, and theres no downsides to doing so, and only benefits, so it sits on top. Solusek is the same sort of deal for Wizards. From there, it works out that way

Cen 11-29-2019 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodium (Post 3038654)

Bristlebane is probably my favorite diety, because it is the least ridiculously unrealistically black and white.

People don't tend to worship dieties they de facto consider "evil", even evil people. Its asinine :P

Vizax_Xaziv 11-29-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinicus (Post 3038669)

Therein lies the question! Are they truly a God, if they're able to be killed?