Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bard MQing Child's Tear (/forums/showthread.php?t=388853)

Kiph 07-28-2021 07:33 PM

Bard MQing Child's Tear

Is Cinda's Charismatic Carillon enough to do the turn in or is the Ornate Velium Pendant a requirement? Wasn't sure if these two acted differently in how they added faction.

DeathsSilkyMist 07-28-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiph (Post 3339571)
Is Cinda's Charismatic Carillon enough to do the turn in or is the Ornate Velium Pendant a requirement? Wasn't sure if these two acted differently in how they added faction.

Your True Spirit faction needs to be somewhere between Ally and max Ally to do the tear turnin. I would advise just getting to max Ally to be on the safe side, unless you actually did the entire Shaman Epic quest without grinding specific sections. I don't think there is any reliable way to determine how far into Ally you are, unless you counted all the faction you have gained accurately.

Kiph 07-28-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3339576)
Your True Spirit faction needs to be somewhere between Ally and max Ally to do the tear turnin. I would advise just getting to max Ally to be on the safe side, unless you actually did the entire Shaman Epic quest without grinding specific sections. I don't think there is any reliable way to determine how far into Ally you are, unless you counted all the faction you have gained accurately.

Yes, I'm currently working on maxing my faction, but I read that classes other than shaman have a -100 at max or something which requires a faction spell to bypass. I just wanted to know if I need the pendant or if my song is enough for that.

DeathsSilkyMist 07-29-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiph (Post 3339577)
Yes, I'm currently working on maxing my faction, but I read that classes other than shaman have a -100 at max or something which requires a faction spell to bypass. I just wanted to know if I need the pendant or if my song is enough for that.

Oh that is not how faction works. You do not get a permanent -100 forever from your race/diety/class. You just get a lower starting value for True Spirit than Shamans. Once you max out your faction, it is 2000, the same as a Shaman who maxed it out.

So basically when you first made your character, your True Spirit faction started a little bit lower than Shamans, probably -100 or -200 yeah. But you have gained a bunch of faction since then, so your starting faction value is now irrelevant, and never used again.

Kiph 07-29-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3339678)
Oh that is not how faction works. You do not get a permanent -100 forever from your race/diety/class. You just get a lower starting value for True Spirit than Shamans. Once you max out your faction, it is 2000, the same as a Shaman who maxed it out.

So basically when you first made your character, your True Spirit faction started a little bit lower than Shamans, probably -100 or -200 yeah. But you have gained a bunch of faction since then, so your starting faction value is now irrelevant, and never used again.

That's awesome to hear! Thank you very much!