Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Fatdog's Somewhat Helpful Leveling Guide for the Casual Druid (/forums/showthread.php?t=291085)

Shrubwise 02-12-2018 11:11 AM

Fatdog's Somewhat Helpful Leveling Guide for the Casual Druid

https://i.imgur.com/hNps8Qg.gif

Fatdog's Somewhat Helpful Leveling Guide for the Casual Druid

Level one: Bats and Skellingtons

Create dat druid and get to it! I chose a Wood Elf and thus, the first part of this guide will be especially catered towards other players in the Faydwer area.

Don't bother turning in your guild note just yet. Mem your first two spells, and get to slaying those bats, skeletons, and perhaps the occasional wasp if you are full on HP!

After you have filled your inventory with glorious loot, head to the Druid guild. Turn in your note and buy a couple spells. I recommend Snare and burst of Fire.

Resume your hunting and you should be level two in 20 minutes or less.

Doctor Jeff 02-12-2018 01:43 PM

This is retarded

loramin 02-12-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff (Post 2657186)
This is retarded

It seems like the start of a potentially useful guide for truly new people (which admittedly is a small group). However, I feel like it glosses over some things that would be difficult for a true newbie (eg. "head to the Druid guild" ... heading anywhere in Kelethin is almost impossible for newbies, so a map with a path might be handy).

Also might I suggest moving this to the wiki instead? It will last longer, give you more control over formatting, etc.

Spyder73 02-12-2018 03:47 PM

level 2 seems like an odd spot to stop the guide....

Doctor Jeff 02-12-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2657222)
some nonsense

shrub is a red troll

Legidias 02-12-2018 04:34 PM

But, what defines a guide exactly? Im assuming its a troll guide, but it is technically a full guide to a WE druid lvling to 2.

SiouxNation 02-12-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder73 (Post 2657310)
level 2 seems like an odd spot to stop the guide....

Level 3 is odd, level 2 is even.

skarlorn 02-12-2018 06:06 PM

I've tagged this thread

Shrubwise 02-12-2018 10:03 PM

This is a Somewhat Helpful Leveling Guide for the Casual Druid, and it's going to take lots of time to complete. I'm updating it after every level. Right now, I am level 2. Deal with it :cool:

NegaStoat 02-12-2018 11:15 PM

A different suggestion. If your druid starts in Greater Fay, run the mail from Felwithe to Kelethin for about 4-5 plat. The gold and experience given is incorrect on P1999 - the value of both given are for the large mail bag delivery from Kelethin to Freeport, rather than the lesser value from old retail. You can score up to 11 gold from one trip, although the average will be about 7.

Use your cash to buy full Tattered small leather armor (assuming wood elf) from Kaladim from either the Warrior's guild merchant or the paladin's guild merchant. Total cost is something like 1.5 plat for all armor slots covered? Something like that. Picking up a merchant sold 1h blunt Staff is cheap, along with a wooden small round shield. If you want to save on cash, use a cracked staff instead. You can also buy low weight Medicine Bags in Kaladim for .4 weight for an 8 slot Large item bag. These are great for the low strength Wood Elf.

Level from that point to level 5 in front of Kaladim beating the hell out of every skeleton, beetle, and spider that moves. Yes, this will be boring. But yes, you will collect 5 to 6 or more stacks of bone chips. The very moment you hit level 5, calmly walk into Kaladim for the Paladin's guild and do the bone chip turn in quest. It will take a bit over 5 stacks to go from level 5 to level 8 to pick up your key skill, Meditate. From there you can beat up Orc centurions in Crushbone for level 10 or abuse the 4 skeleton spawns by the Druid ring in Butcherblock mountains for level 10 or 11.

From that point it's like falling off a log to level the druid. You honestly can't screw it up. Between Flame Lick, your damage shield thorns spell cast on yourself, and then in a few levels, Stinging Swarm, you have 3 ticks of constant damage happening on an enemy while you swing with a staff and heal back up to full after clearing a camp using your Tree Illusion to reach 19 by only half trying.