Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Looking for tips on Crusader Test of Pain #2 (/forums/showthread.php?t=395427)

Rabidredneck 11-29-2021 04:34 PM

Looking for tips on Crusader Test of Pain #2

This is something I've never managed to do anytime I try an Iksar SK, getting that Squire's Khukri. It's not the grind, it's the fact that Raiders seem to be hard to find in that bloody swamp, and even when I find one it's even odds some red monstrosity comes along and obliterates me. My last time trying this, I ended up losing 2 levels from all the deaths I was getting hit with.

The quest guide on P1999 says hang around the bandit camp near the entrance to Field of Bone, but I looked and saw no Frogloks but plenty of bandit types and hordes of lethal red monsters wandering around all over the place.

This character is lvl 12, just got Meditate and still three levels from next tier spells. Mainly using a magic spear a kind soul gave me, a targ shield, and wearing full rhino-hide with a couple reinforced pieces.

Any tips on where to look for froglok raiders? How to avoid getting steamrolled by wandering death beasts while looking for raiders?

Alam Mchealer 11-29-2021 06:39 PM

sir i have no perspective about your situation other than nothing but if you are losing two levels at level 12 from dieing then i think you are doing something wrong and deserve it

Rabidredneck 11-30-2021 09:44 AM

Well I suppose I should have been more clear, the last time I tried this quest was a couple years ago, and I think I tried it at lvl 10.

And I would appreciate actually helpful tips and info other than "DURHUR GIT GUD"

Jimjam 11-30-2021 11:05 AM

Distribution of mobs in SONH on p1999 isn't very classic. There is a thread about it.

I suggest you do some research on how the zone was classically, such as path regions of the mobs you want, submit it to that thread and hope one of the devs feels it is worthy of their time and attention.

Darkwulf58 11-30-2021 11:40 AM

Bah, DE War with all points in Cha is the true test of pain.

foxchris509 12-01-2021 12:24 AM

Try to get some potg from your local dial a port druid. That should do it for ya.

Pootle 12-02-2021 06:25 AM

They do wander around the outskirts of that camp. I just killed every wandering mob I could around the camp area.

It's is a very frustrating section of this quest, needing so many lore drops from the same mob and the Rec Con mobs everywhere. I died plenty of times when I did it too.

Just have to stick at it i'm afraid.

Xulia 12-04-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabidredneck (Post 3393570)
Well I suppose I should have been more clear, the last time I tried this quest was a couple years ago, and I think I tried it at lvl 10.

And I would appreciate actually helpful tips and info other than "DURHUR GIT GUD"

I've got you fam.

At level 12 you're definitely able to do the quest but it's gonna be harder than dolemite. I can help you out with some druid buffs to make the process quicker, but I highly recommend gaining a few more levels - ideally get to 20 - then reattempt this. You'll find more of the wanderers will be blue or green and much more manageable.

I solo'd the quest back in 2014 around lvl 22 and it was a safe camp. Even if something goes wrong, you can cast Clinging Darkness and outrun any enemies back to Cabilis which is a short jog to the west.

Please hit me up in game or here with any questions you have, always happy to help another IKS SHD.

Swish 12-04-2021 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxchris509 (Post 3393887)
Try to get some potg from your local dial a port druid. That should do it for ya.

This is the way.

ScottBerta 12-04-2021 10:39 AM

Lvl up and try later. Go exp in Kurns Tower and when that is no longer good around 20-25 leave and re attempt quest.