Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Live-share dps log file with partner (/forums/showthread.php?t=332934)

scifo76 09-01-2019 07:34 AM

Live-share dps log file with partner

Is there a way to live-share the eq log with another player for dps parsing? Example: I'm a chanter, and would like to be able to use a dps parser, but I'm sitting too far away from the actual fight to register melee dmg.

So, if I duo with a shaman who is within range to log dps, can that shaman somehow share his log with me so my dps parser will read from his shared log? This way I could read dps output despite being on a safe distance from the pet.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Legidias 09-01-2019 09:13 AM

Get a shared drive and direct logs / install EQ on that?

scifo76 09-01-2019 09:18 AM

How often/fast do these shared drivers/folders update?

Legidias 09-01-2019 09:29 AM

No idea on refresh rates. Just thinking of feasible options for ya

scifo76 09-01-2019 10:00 AM

Yeah, if for example Google Drive refreshes on an ok speed, it would be possible. Then I can just tell my dps parser to read from that shared log file inside the Google Drive folder.

jacobar 09-01-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scifo76 (Post 2954095)
Is there a way to live-share the eq log with another player for dps parsing? Example: I'm a chanter, and would like to be able to use a dps parser, but I'm sitting too far away from the actual fight to register melee dmg.

So, if I duo with a shaman who is within range to log dps, can that shaman somehow share his log with me so my dps parser will read from his shared log? This way I could read dps output despite being on a safe distance from the pet.

Any ideas, suggestions?

look into this http://logging.apache.org/log4net/re.../chainsaw.html . i understand what you're going for, and want to help but to be fair with you I dont really have much of an idea, I agree with the people talking about a shared drive. but it would probably be a large commitment for the shaman, unless you two knew eacother pretty well. in the shared drive you might be able ti have a symlink to the log file instead of having to install the entire game ito the share folder. i will keep looking around

feniin 09-01-2019 02:57 PM

maybe a shared network folder with remote access?

jacobar 09-01-2019 03:16 PM

A lot of references to OneDrive as people above mentioned a shared drive, but as mentioned trying to figure out a way to pipe the log file to the one drive or make it a shared link that you can parse to the local log file that would greatly increase the security of it all

HedleyKow 09-01-2019 03:17 PM

A work around would be to use a program that lets you screen share and have that up on another monitor.

loramin 09-01-2019 03:33 PM

The UNIX-y way would be to give your friend SSH access to your computer. Then they could just run:

Code:

ssh username@yourIP tail -f /path/to/logs/log.txt
to watch your logs.